Xbox One 1.4 console key binds messed and lost progress

Spiceytaco95

Terrarian
I dont know about you guys but u have spent probably 4 hours trying to configure my controls. I don't understand why in the controller settings there are commands bound together meaning you cannot map the same button, but they are in two different screens so you can't even see them. That's pretty infuriating. Not to mention my key binds seem to undue themselves at random intervals. Once launching the game I could even bind my triggers such as left trigger to jump right trigger to shoot. I can no longer do that. Why can we not have an option to have the previous UI? This update seems to have been nothing more than a copy paste of the PC version to console and was not meant whatsoever for controller rather it was intended for keyboard and mouse.

Once launching the game I could even bind my triggers such as left trigger to jump right trigger to shoot. I can no longer do that.
Why can’t you bind LT to jump and RT to shoot? Make sure you’re hitting “Apply” at the end to save your changes.

You should be able to customize every action the way you want. The only thing you can’t do is map two actions to the same binding. But other than that you‘re able to have it be however you want. I suggest starting with the Advanced scheme and then customizing it from there.

Why can we not have an option to revert to the previous button lay out? I can't even map my triggers to commands such as jump or to shoot. Additionally progress and items are lost, hours worth of work but the world seems to have saved any changes made to it. Can we please address this?

Why can we not have an option to revert to the previous button lay out? I can't even map my triggers to commands such as jump or to shoot. Additionally progress and items are lost, hours worth of work but the world seems to have saved any changes made to it. Can we please address this?
Hi again @Spiceytaco95, I merged your two threads together into one, since they are mainly for the same topic (controls). See my previous message above In regards to your question about controls.

For the lost progress, the dev team has been hard at work. Here is a comment on Loki’s Twitter:

Hi again @Spiceytaco95, I merged your two threads together into one, since they are mainly for the same topic (controls). See my previous message above In regards to your question about controls.

For the lost progress, the dev team has been hard at work. Here is a comment on Loki’s Twitter:
hello, in regards to mapping the triggers it physically won't allow me. When I try to I can select the option to remap but it will not accept the command when I press my triggers. It will however accept any other valid button such as the bumpers or a,b,x, or y. Additionally is there any way to more easily see what commands share a mapping sequence? It appears that through the menu wether it be for looting or vendoring or a combination, commands cannot be mapped in duplicate but it is hard to identify what commands share the same mapping sequence without seeing them side by side to see what invalidates and overwrites the other.

I figured out why that was, if the setting "swap shoulders with trigger" is turned on it will not allow you to bind those actions using those keys. Hopefully this helps someone else out. Thanks !

hello, in regards to mapping the triggers it physically won't allow me. When I try to I can select the option to remap but it will not accept the command when I press my triggers. It will however accept any other valid button such as the bumpers or a,b,x, or y. Additionally is there any way to more easily see what commands share a mapping sequence? It appears that through the menu wether it be for looting or vendoring or a combination, commands cannot be mapped in duplicate but it is hard to identify what commands share the same mapping sequence without seeing them side by side to see what invalidates and overwrites the other.
I figured out why that was, if the setting "swap shoulders with trigger" is turned on it will not allow you to bind those actions using those keys. Hopefully this helps someone else out. Thanks !
Oh good, I’m glad you found a solution to the trigger binding issue, thanks for sharing what worked for you, that’ll help others out.

It would be helpful if it was possible to see which keybinds are contradicting each other, I agree. That is good feedback for the dev team. They may or may not make changes in connection with feedback they get depending on whether it’s do-able and/or aligns with their design choices.

Back
Top Bottom