Working as Designed [1.4] Where is click mouse to hold item?

Didaibr

Terrarian
First I want to thanks everyone that work hard to finally enable keyboard and mouse support for console!
BUT there is one GIGANTIC problem, I cant just click to hold an item(or stack) and when I click to create an item its go to my inventory instead of hold it in my mouse, if I want to move I need to hold down the mouse button and thats not really optimal, for instance, I was playing on master mode and there was a slime coming in my direction while I was mining some iron ore so I made some platform to block the slime, because I play a lot on PC my instinct was to create and already place it but when I click it to place where was my item?! I was not holding, the slime fell in the pocket I panic and died XD
So please add an option to hold item with mouse without the need to hold and let me place while holding, ohhh and when I create an item let me hold it in mouse mouse instead of put in my inventory!

First I want to thanks everyone that work hard to finally enable keyboard and mouse support for console!
BUT there is one GIGANTIC problem, I cant just click to hold an item(or stack) and when I click to create an item its go to my inventory instead of hold it in my mouse, if I want to move I need to hold down the mouse button and thats not really optimal, for instance, I was playing on master mode and there was a slime coming in my direction while I was mining some iron ore so I made some platform to block the slime, because I play a lot on PC my instinct was to create and already place it but when I click it to place where was my item?! I was not holding, the slime fell in the pocket I panic and died XD
So please add an option to hold item with mouse without the need to hold and let me place while holding, ohhh and when I create an item let me hold it in mouse mouse instead of put in my inventory!
Hi there @Didaibr I moved your post over to the bug section as what you're describing doesn't seem intended. I'm not sure though, so I'm putting it here in order for the dev team to take a look at it.

The console 1.4 update changed the GUI to behave more like the mobile version, which in that version letting go of the craft button would place items in the inventory, although adding a setting to toggle the option to hold after letting go would be useful.

Thanks for the report! As it stands, this is currently by design as it enables users to “select” items in their inventory rather than moving them (which allows people to take advantage of secondary actions if an item is not in your hotbar). That said, we’ll definitely take this feedback into account.

Back
Top Bottom