PC 1: Pumpkin Moon/Frost Moon bosses don't seem to drop gold. and 2: Steampunker doesn't sell opposite evil content even though Dryad does

a31337

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Title. I grinded 3 pumpkin moons, and my money count always freezes at around 1 platinum on wave 15, never going higher. On 1.3.5.3 they would usually also drop gold, granting me a lot of platinum by the end of the night.

And for the 2nd bug report: you can now get access to the opposite evil without worldhopping by setting a graveyard biome and buying seeds from the Dryad while in it. However there's no way of obtaining opposite evil solutions from the Steampunker. Would be cool if that was available. Same for the Decay Chamber, it is not accessible either.

For the Pumpkin Moon, what difficulty level are you playing at?

The Steampunker not selling the opposite evil solution is intentional. To bring in the opposite evil, we have to do it the hard way with seeds and natural spreading. I'll check if the Decay Chamber / Cloning Vat was an oversight.

For the Pumpkin Moon, what difficulty level are you playing at?

The Steampunker not selling the opposite evil solution is intentional. To bring in the opposite evil, we have to do it the hard way with seeds and natural spreading. I'll check if the Decay Chamber / Cloning Vat was an oversight.
In later waves the Pumpkings and Mourning Woods don't seem to drop any gold, ever, not even with gold flasks. I was playing wave 15 and received 0 gold from 50k points.
I don't see how we have to spread the opposite evil the hard way when you could just buy the solution from a steampunker from another world though, it's as if world hopping is supposed to be beneficial to players. Oh and there's no opposite evil chests in the dungeon either.

In later waves the Pumpkings and Mourning Woods don't seem to drop any gold, ever, not even with gold flasks. I was playing wave 15 and received 0 gold from 50k points.
I don't see how we have to spread the opposite evil the hard way when you could just buy the solution from a steampunker from another world though, it's as if world hopping is supposed to be beneficial to players. Oh and there's no opposite evil chests in the dungeon either.
I hunk the opposite evil chests are only supposed to generate on the evil world only. Am I getting this right, or was this changed in 1.4?

I hunk the opposite evil chests are only supposed to generate on the evil world only. Am I getting this right, or was this changed in 1.4?
Well you can get opposite evil keys in your world, by buying opposite evil seeds from the dryad in a graveyard biome and grinding.

Well you can get opposite evil keys in your world, by buying opposite evil seeds from the dryad in a graveyard biome and grinding.
Yeah, but I don’t think that is how the biome chest generate though, only one evil chest per world, makes sense, because you could have still gotten the opposite evil keys in 1.3 with world hoppin. To get the opposite evil seeds.

Yeah, but I don’t think that is how the biome chest generate though, only one evil chest per world, makes sense, because you could have still gotten the opposite evil keys in 1.3 with world hoppin. To get the opposite evil seeds.
Yeah, but they should add the opposite evil chest to the dungeon as well, since it is accessible without world hopping. In 3 months pretty much no one will have grinded opposite evil keys in 1.3.

I dunno about the first bug, but yeah, the 2nd one is odd. both solutions, but even more, the lack of decay chamber or flesh cloning vat. the two fangirls will surely solve this issue on modded, but the steampunker could sell those on vanilla too. it's nonsense if there's no way to get them other ways than from another world.

Also, yeah, the opposite evil chest should be somewhere in the world. funny enough the first key I got on the first 1.4 playthough was the corruption key, while I was tinkering setting up an artifical underground corruption for bestiary and cursed flame, early hardmode. but there is no chest that key could open... which is kinda disappointing, when you do can aquire them, and might will aquire them, since you're encouraged setting up an artifical opposite evil biome for bestiary completion reasons, etc.
- and you can't even just go to a corruption world with it, because the keys don't work pre-plantera, so you would have to defeat skeletron, WoF, all 3 mech bosses, and Plantera in the new world, to be able to open that corruption chest in the dungeon of that other world...

The second "bug" is intentional. Only the seed 05162020 (or 5162020) will have both evils spawn from the beginning, and both evil chests.
But you can create the opposite evil with a single world, by asking the Dryad for corrupt seeds in a crimson world in a graveyard; why shouldn't you be able to buy purple solution from Steampunker in a graveyard in a crimson world? I have 3 corruption keys and I have no option but just look at them. The opposite evil chest should spawn in all worlds, not just the drunk world seed.

The Dryad selling the opposite evil seeds is intended for single-world bestiary completion purposes. While you can bring in items from other worlds (and this is something I prefer too), some players prefer to have self-contained worlds.

Having the Decay Chamber / Flesh Cloning Vat available via the graveyard is being investigated.

You can create a thread in the Suggestions forum if you'd like the opposite evil biome chest to spawn in all worlds.

Steampunker does not sell solution intentionally. It was not an oversight.

As for other one-world things, I have some on my list to look into expanding, but they aren't oversights either. For the time being, it is intentional that they are only one-world.

Steampunker does not sell solution intentionally. It was not an oversight.

As for other one-world things, I have some on my list to look into expanding, but they aren't oversights either. For the time being, it is intentional that they are only one-world.
Sounds like playing on multiple worlds is better than sticking to a single one. Alright.

Back
Top Bottom