100 HP and 20 MP run, from Killing your first slime to Moon Lord. (This may have been done already)

UlticraftMTT

Plantera
I have a fun challenge that's similar to the infamous 1 HP challenge, the 100 HP and 20 MP challenge.
RULES:
  • You must play the game fully, from start to Moon Lord.
  • You cannot consume Life Crystals, Life Fruit, Mana Crystals or Lifeforce Potions.
  • You cannot wear Armor that increases maximum Mana or accesories with the "Arcane" prefix, or anything that increases mana.
  • You cannot have your character in Hardcore, as you will likely die 20+ times during your playthrough.
NOTES:
  • Damage, Critical Strike Chance, Minion Capacity, Chance to not consume Ammo, Melee Speed, Defense, Damage Reduction, Armor Penetration and Life Regeneration are allowed.
  • You can have your character in Mediumcore, and/or your world in Expert Mode, however, i don't reccomend it.
  • This is a extremely hard playthrough, as alot of endgame enemies can deal over 100 damage. it would probably be almost impossible for Mages, because of the fact that you're locked at 20 Mana, and, i believe there's Magic Weapons that cost more than 20 mana.
  • Lifesteal is allowed. (Specifically Vampire Knives, you can't use Spectre Armor with Hood, because Spectre Armor increases your maximum Mana.)
  • Life Crystals are not completely useless, as you are allowed to craft them into Heart Lanterns.
This is a cool challenge that i thought of today.
I reccomend having your world in Normal Mode, and your character in Softcore.
Post your replies or progress of this challenge below!
:rslime::golem::redspin::joy::kingslime::hoppinjack::brain::dryadcool::cool::merchantcool::nursecool:`:cool:~:cool:

Not really sure what good the later penalty does as it only affects mages by effectively removing the class outside of maybe an early wand of sparking .

Not really sure what good the later penalty does as it only affects mages by effectively removing the class outside of maybe an early wand of sparking .
It's possible for Mages, they just can't use their armor, however, a Mana Flower with a good 80 or so Mana Potions, and a Sorcerer Emblem would work good.

It's possible for Mages, they just can't use their armor, however, a Mana Flower with a good 80 or so Mana Potions, and a Sorcerer Emblem would work good.
hmm feels a bit too harsh as without armor the weapons will not really do endgame damage and the mana sickness will constantly be in effect considering the rapid fire rate and high mana costs of late game weapons. The permanent mana sickness and constant need of potions would kinda make it useless as ranged exists and would be easier and cheaper to maintain though I am nitpicking I still haven't finished my expert mode challenge just finally got back to the game today and realized it is Plantera time... 0_0

hmm feels a bit too harsh as without armor the weapons will not really do endgame damage and the mana sickness will constantly be in effect considering the rapid fire rate and high mana costs of late game weapons. The permanent mana sickness and constant need of potions would kinda make it useless as ranged exists and would be easier and cheaper to maintain though I am nitpicking I still haven't finished my expert mode challenge just finally got back to the game today and realized it is Plantera time... 0_0
But again, it's a good challenge, as you're playing through Terraria with your starting HP and MP.
It also affects Warrior, Ranger and Summoners, as they would have to have as high as defense as possible (reforging all acessories to Warding can cost ALOT of gold), because of Endgame enemies and bosses that can deal over 100 damage, and you're only allowed to have 100 HP.

But again, it's a good challenge, as you're playing through Terraria with your starting HP and MP.
It also affects Warrior, Ranger and Summoners, as they would have to have as high as defense as possible (reforging all acessories to Warding can cost ALOT of gold), because of Endgame enemies and bosses that can deal over 100 damage, and you're only allowed to have 100 HP.
True though Damage reduction is probably far more important as is dodging. at an unhuman level. There are enemies that can effectively 2HKO my maxed out warrior with a :red: ton of defense 500 HP and numerous buff potions... Granted they are at the near end of the game but still...

True though Damage reduction is probably far more important as is dodging. at an unhuman level. There are enemies that can effectively 2HKO my maxed out warrior with a :red: ton of defense 500 HP and numerous buff potions... Granted they are at the near end of the game but still...

What enemies are those?

The highest damage I've ever seen from any enemy are Martian Saucer Laser, Moon Lord's Laser, and a spinning turtle, all of which are about 120-150 damage on Beetle Armor (tank) with no beetle stacks.

I don't know of anything that hits harder than that, except for maybe Skeleton Snipers? You pretty much have to stand still for them to nail you, though. And that's only if you have no beetle stacks.

EDIT: I am obviously NOT talking about Skeletron (Prime) at daytime or Dungeon Guardians or enraged bosses.

What enemies are those?

The highest damage I've ever seen from any enemy are Martian Saucer Laser, Moon Lord's Laser, and a spinning turtle, all of which are about 120-150 damage on Beetle Armor (tank) with no beetle stacks.

I don't know of anything that hits harder than that, except for maybe Skeleton Snipers? You pretty much have to stand still for them to nail you, though. And that's only if you have no beetle stacks.

EDIT: I am obviously NOT talking about Skeletron (Prime) at daytime or Dungeon Guardians or enraged bosses.
It was a solar enemy if I remember correctly, expert mode... I wanted the Moonlord's Treasure bag... Been too long to give more than that my memory isn't exactly the best...

It was a solar enemy if I remember correctly, expert mode... I wanted the Moonlord's Treasure bag... Been too long to give more than that my memory isn't exactly the best...

Well, ya, Expert Mode... but the OP very specifically said that he highly recommends against trying this in Expert Mode, so I was working under the assumption that we were talking about Non-Expert.

In Non-Expert, most mobs do 60-80 damage with no defensive stacks, so yeah, they'd do 100+ in expert.

The only way you could possibly survive the pillars with 100HP, would be to build a box and abuse the 1-block gap with yo-yo trick on the solar pillar first (corites shouldn't go through walls until they see you, which they won't if you do it right).

Back
Top Bottom