3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok good beacouse I will have a world that is RUINED beacouse it's filled with corruption and crimson so I can build into pre-hard mode world.

PATCH RELEASE DATES:

NOA 1.03: June 13 2016 0900PT
NOE 1.03: June 10 2016

PLEASE NOTE: Version 1.02 was not released in North America. We withdrew the patch from submission, and the next release will be 1.03 for all territories to avoid confusion.
What time will it be released?

What I meant was, if 2DSs were made in between when basic 3DSs and New XLs were, it means it has in-between capabilities, meaning less handling power than New XLs.

I will have to do a bit of correcting here. While the 2ds of course is not as strong as the new 3ds, it is not stronger than the original 3ds at all either. Both the original 3ds and the 2ds have the exact same hardware, the time of when the 2ds was released didn't affect the hardware at all. Framerate and performance of all games is the exact same on the O3ds and 2ds

Last edited:
Ok good beacouse I will have a world that is RUINED beacouse it's filled with corruption and crimson so I can build into pre-hard mode world.
Actually putting those corruptions and hallow completely under your control is not that difficult thing to do, provided you know how to do it properly. In my hardmode world the only crimson and hallow that exist are my artificial ones purposely set up to farm monsters.

While I don't recall having one crash in single player in about 250 hours playtime, I have experienced crashes every single time I've played multiplayer. It crashed at launch, on 1.02 and now on 1.03.

If you've been unable to recreate the multiplayer crashes then I can only assume that either;

1) You have not played multiplayer or
2) You have not played multiplayer for very long, (a crash will usually happen between 30-60 minutes of gameplay), or
3) You actually have recreated them and are downplaying them for whatever reason

If you need more information on the crashes, then sure.

It crashes when we're building, it crashes when we're mining, it crashes when we're far away from each other, it crashes when you smash crimson hearts/shadow orbs, it crashes when meteorites land, it crashes when you don't save straight away after the icon shows. I've never gotten further than smashing crim hearts/shadow orbs because of crashes ruining the experience.
We've even turned our phones, blutooth, laptops, televisions and computers off in a futile attempt at improving our connection.

I just simply cannot believe you've never had a multiplayer crash because it happens every time I play. I'm leaning towards what that one guy said about the memory leak issue.

Have the devs done anything about Trash hotkeyed to X? Come on, devs, it's no longer funny. It's just pure grief at this point.

In the chest tab, X to withdraw an item from a chest? Okay.
In the equipment tab, X to remove a worn equipment? Makes sense. This establishes the context that X takes whatever that is and puts it in the inventory tab.
In the inventory tab, X to TRASH item? Makes sense when you look at the UI layout, how every top button is hotkeyed to X, but it works terribly in action. Why? WRONG CONTEXT.

The X button's context is inconsistent and counter-intuitive. In both the equipment and chest tabs, you use X to take something from that tab and bring it to the inventory tab, so naturally, players expect X to behave accordingly vice-versa by putting items back. But nope, when you get to the inventory tab, and you press X expecting to put something back, you end up trashing it. So players that are swapping out gear are likely to end up pressing X at the inventory tab, because intuition tells him that:
X is unequip/equip.
Or that X is withdraw/deposit.

Unfortunately, it is at this point that they realize that their intuition is wrong, because Y is equip, and deposit has no hotkey, and they. pressed. X.
Which trashes the item. (Bye bye, Meteor Helmet).

It's an accident waiting to happen, and apparently, most players have experienced it at one point or another. Just... please remove the hotkey from trash. That hotkey should probably be for deposit. Y can keep the equip. At least if X is deposit, if we derped out on auto-pilot while playing, we only end up depositing our stuff in some chest we were using. Trash shouldn't be hotkeyed to a button that is likely to be pressed on autopilot. It's better off on the touchscreen, which requires more attention than a simple press of a button.

Have the devs done anything about Trash hotkeyed to X? Come on, devs, it's no longer funny. It's just pure grief at this point.

In the equipment tab, X to remove a worn equipment? Makes sense. This establishes the context that X takes whatever that is and puts it in the inventory tab.
In the inventory tab, X to TRASH item? Makes sense when you look at the UI layout, how every top button is hotkeyed to X, but it works terribly in action. Why? WRONG CONTEXT.

The X button's context is inconsistent and counter-intuitive. In both the equipment and chest tabs, you use X to take something from that tab and bring it to the inventory tab, so naturally, players expect X to behave accordingly vice-versa by putting items back. But nope, when you get to the inventory tab, and you press X expecting to put something back, you end up trashing it. So players that are swapping out gear are likely to end up pressing X at the inventory tab, because intuition tells him that:
X is unequip/equip.

Unfortunately, it is at this point that they realize that their intuition is wrong, because Y is equip, and deposit has no hotkey, and they. pressed. X.

It's an accident waiting to happen, and apparently, most players have experienced it at one point or another. Just... please remove the hotkey from trash. That hotkey should probably be for deposit. Y can keep the equip. At least if X is deposit, if we derped out on auto-pilot while playing, we only end up depositing our stuff in some chest we were using. Trash shouldn't be hotkeyed to a button that is likely to be pressed on autopilot. It's better off on the touchscreen, which requires more attention than a simple press of a button.
Very true. I had to craft a full set of molten armors twice because of the very reason you described. However, not assigning a hotkey for trashing items would be a pain so I prefer to simply swap X and Y in the inventory tab. This still involves an inconsistent context but at least we no longer end up in accidentally trashing items because Y will be the only button used in the entire craft/inventory/equipment screen.

Very true. I had to craft a full set of molten armors twice because of the very reason you described. However, not assigning a hotkey for trashing items would be a pain so I prefer to simply swap X and Y in the inventory tab. This still involves an inconsistent context but at least we no longer end up in accidentally trashing items because Y will be the only button used in the entire craft/inventory/equipment screen.
We still have trash on the touch screen, where nobody seems to be accidentally pressing anything because nobody uses the touchscreen without looking at it, unlike buttons... well, you pretty much just press buttons without thinking about it. And therein lies the danger. If I could have my way, this is how I'd lay it all out:
[inventory screen, no container] X to Drop item, Y to equip
[inventory screen, container tab present] X to Deposit item to container, Y is equip
[container screen] X to withdraw stack to inventory, Y to withdraw pieces of a stack, hold to increase stack (for large stacks)
[equipment screen] Y to unequip. Can't think of anything to assign X here, maybe access buff screen?

This pretty much limits Y to equip/unequip managing equipment, and X to move equipment (and no, not to the trash).

I use the Touchscreen without looking at it, cause i know where which Button is.
But the easiest way to Change that is to switch the Garbage Button and the "put in the chest" Button.
Then the only way to throw sth away is on the Touchscreen.

Ps: i have no Problems with the Buttons atm ^^

I agree with the x button to be changed to deposit into chest instead of bin. As i am forever clicking with the stylus to deposit items. Also since 1.02 update we cannot hammer platforms into stairs. This is one feature that i want to be able to do. This is on the New Nintendo 3DS XL.

X is unequip/equip.

But my muscle memory bro :(

But my muscle memory bro :(
Heh, it's a long shot anyways. Good for you if you've got muscle memory for it now. I still find myself having to stop and remind myself that X is bad when I'm in my inventory screen.

I agree with the x button to be changed to deposit into chest instead of bin. As i am forever clicking with the stylus to deposit items. Also since 1.02 update we cannot hammer platforms into stairs. This is one feature that i want to be able to do. This is on the New Nintendo 3DS XL.
1.01 had sloped platforms. I used them a lot for hoiking. 1.02 removed them. I've yet to see them back on 1.03.

OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED.

My main world has a LOT of sloped platforms. Oh if it doesn't come back it's going to ruin a lot of my structures. *buries face in pillow*

I throw away my armor somtimes...and my familiar clothes and need to get more...well...at least I don't need to worry about accidentally throwing away deathweed and glowing mushroom...(I don't care about deathweed and have a glowing mushroom farm:cool:)

Actually putting those corruptions and hallow completely under your control is not that difficult thing to do, provided you know how to do it properly. In my hardmode world the only crimson and hallow that exist are my artificial ones purposely set up to farm monsters.
I want it to be ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom