3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, in Multiplayer, oftentimes one player will not be able to grab an item on the floor, but the other player can.

Things are still disappearing or appearing different for one player than the other. For example I made an apartment block with a rope going down the middle throughout the whole building. On my screen it was from top to bottom, but on my girlfriend's screen it is broken and it looks as though I've placed rope randomly.

And only the host is able to check if a house is valid.

...and of course the game crashes too, if you missed my previous.

All UPSIDE down left slope turn into normal blocks when you load your world.
[doublepost=1465872169,1465872072][/doublepost]
What does that mean I have got a video on my phone I want to post
Post it on Facebook or youtube and copy and past its URL.

Bug on wisp in a bottle every time i run walk or dig to left or right the wisp move to that Direction but upper my player if i start to dig the wisp move higher
[doublepost=1465876612,1465876121][/doublepost]Any can tell if we can get the lucky gold coin and the shroomite digging claws?

Bug on wisp in a bottle every time i run walk or dig to left or right the wisp move to that Direction but upper my player if i start to dig the wisp move higher
[doublepost=1465876612,1465876121][/doublepost]Any can tell if we can get the lucky gold coin and the shroomite digging claws?
If you're talking about the coin from the pirates, yes. I don't think you can get the digging claws, though. (Unless they got added in the update?)

1) You have not played multiplayer or
2) You have not played multiplayer for very long, (a crash will usually happen between 30-60 minutes of gameplay), or
3) You actually have recreated them and are downplaying them for whatever reason

I just simply cannot believe you've never had a multiplayer crash because it happens every time I play. I'm leaning towards what that one guy said about the memory leak issue.

You can believe whatever you choose, frankly.

1. My kids play for hours daily. I play with them regularly on 3 player
2. It would be WELL into the hundreds of hours at this point, with multi-hour sessions (especially on long car trips) occurring a number of times
3. If your insinuation is that I am lying to you for some misguided reason, then you are beyond help.

As I've noted - they have ONE world that consistently crashes. We save that world for testing on each update to see if it gets sorted.

Now, that said - I am honestly trying to help here. Questioning the veracity of what I'm telling you is far from helpful - as is the thinly veiled and constant snark. You can choose to help for what - no matter what you choose to believe - is NOT a 100% multiplayer crash bug for everyone (meaning there must be some pattern to find...and only working together can we find it). :)

So, in that effort, I'll try a different approach:

Your experience is akin to the "crash world" that we have - there is not a specific activity that makes it happen, that world is just consistently unstable for whatever reason. Finding THAT pattern has been one I've tried to find on my own to no avail as of yet.
  • Is this on every world and every character? What all combos have you tried?
  • Does it do this regardless of host?
  • Etc.

The other minor sync issues you noted (for me, its usually drops appearing off to the side, etc), I have seen myself when on our rather crappy home network - less so when on better connections. Have had the same when on bad PC online MP in the past.

Not trying to be rude - but blunt-for-blunt, I suppose. :) I would still earnestly love to help find and sort whatever issue it is that you are having, as I am sure @Deanzor would as well.

Have the devs done anything about Trash hotkeyed to X? Come on, devs, it's no longer funny. It's just pure grief at this point.

@Deanzor - thoughts?

Just updated. The moment I entered the game, I got a notification saying to not delete patch data, because your newest character will not be compatible with earlier versions. I thought it was mentioned that this was changed for 1.03.

That isn't fixable per se. Same thing would happen on PC if you made, say, a 1.3.1 character and then tried to go back to 1.2.4. Nintendo just wanted a more present warning statement, which you saw. :)

So far everything is looking awsome with the new patch, I noticed one thing so far that doesn't really effect anything. When fishing i was able to catch stuff such as crates and fish that i was unable to catch before the update however it seems to tell me i caught 2 on the displayed text when i am actually catching 1. It doesnt have any real effect on things but i figured id mention it as i hadn't seen it mentioned. (though i could have just missed it)

I don't think you can get the flaws but the coin should be in there.
[doublepost=1465916438][/doublepost]YOU LIED TO USE DEANZOR! My save took 11 seconds instead of 10! :p

With @Loki on the multiplayer stuff - we can only fix what we can see, and appreciate any and all help reproducing issues.

I'm trying to get some coders on here to try and work out some tests to help us narrow that down - more on that as we work it out.

Putting a game out deliberately with issues is hugely counterproductive. There's no benefit: these are free updates designed to make the game better. If they break things, that's bad for us.

On the X to trash @ferofax : we've made it harder to trash items by having them persist in the trash. I've never accidentally trashed anything, so I'm loathe to change the button mapping for players like me who are used to it. If we change buttons on there, we're going to create issues for people who were used to it the other way. The onus has to be on the player too to take care with valuable items.

@superza Sorry about the load times, man. I have failed you. :sigh:

@Deanzor it's ok. We have bigger fish to fry. And by fish I mean goldfish. They don't stack so pirate map farming has a lot of gold fish deleting.
[doublepost=1465920844,1465920718][/doublepost]Also monsters in solar eclipse are spawning.

@Deanzor @Loki

Old Char, Old world - crash
New Char, 1. eq, Old world - crash
New Char, 2. eq, Old world - crash
New Char, 2. eq, new world - stable (1-2 days)
New Char, 2. eq, newest world - crash (after ~2h or more building New base)

[Old world - tautopia - here is the most Stuff
New world - broken(name) - First world i Made with Murphy (2. Char)
Newest world - hyrule - i started it, cause i want a nice Name for Main ^^
1. Eq, turtle armor, ankh shield, hover Board, fire gloves, Frost Park Boots, charm of myths
Terraria blade, Vampire knife, flairon, Megashark
2. Eq, spectre armor(+Sun Glases and both Smoking things), ankh shield, fishron wings, magic Cuffs, Frost Park Boots, charm of myths
Bubble Gun, ICE Hydra staff, temptest staff

I dont think it's helpful to Check the new world with old Char...

I created "hyrule" as new world where i started to build a bigger (better organised) Base. It crashed while i Made a glowing mushroom Farm with place for Truffle right unter the Fundament of my Base (was Not ready^^).
I just explored the surface from ocean to ocean and the 4 sky islands.

Dont Know if i forgot sth, but if i did, just ask, just ask for it :)
If it helps to make my game finally stable :'(

I just got the new update and I am noticing black pixels at the edge of my bottom screen. I am playing on an old world with an old character. This happens in the hotbar and crafting, but not the map or the precise build mode. Also, a character with no wings is showing fishron wings in the selection screen, like the character above him.

Well, I guess it's worth mentioning that in all the hours and different worlds I've played on the 3DS version, not once has the game crashed on me. *knocks on wood* Makes me glad I got a newer new 3DSxl earlier this year. I do see the bugs and make do the best I can, reporting what I see but so far, Terraria has made it to the second most played game according to my activity log (Smash Bros. being 1st with over 500 hours.)

For some reason I'm not able to summon the frost moon. Two possible problems are that it's not only a full moon, but a blood moon also. Anybody else experiencing this?

Edit: I'm also getting souls of light from pirates on the surface hallow. Terraria never fails to surprise me.

Edit: I'm getting souls of night from pumpkin moon enemies near the ocean next to ~40 crimstone blocks on the surface.

Last edited:
Well, I guess it's worth mentioning that in all the hours and different worlds I've played on the 3DS version, not once has the game crashed on me. *knocks on wood* Makes me glad I got a newer new 3DSxl earlier this
year. I do see the bugs and make do the best I can, reporting what I see but so far, Terraria has made it to the second most played game according to my activity log (Smash Bros. being
1st with over 500 hours.)
Feels like you put a Finger in my wounds xD
And 500h is nothing ^^
My most played game is pokemon y with 2100h xD

But @Deanzor and @Loki
Is it possible that my game will be stable next time?
That I can go on building my Base and keep the world?
My fun of playing terraria is going less and less... -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom