3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the crashes are caused by having Corruption or Crimson in your worlds, specifically. It could be this, it could be that, it could be who knows what. Remember, every copy of the game is different, so the reasons for the crashes will vary by system.

I don't think that the crashes are caused by having Corruption or Crimson in your worlds, specifically. It could be this, it could be that, it could be who knows what. Remember, every copy of the game is different, so the reasons for the crashes will vary by system.
So question is what system crashes and what doesn't. I've CRASHED 5 times. 4 times was the strange tombstone next to my nurse. Pre update. Once post update. The last one was random but was on the same week the update came out. I was making a fishing pool in the cavern when all of sudden... The thing was it only happened once on that world and I used it a lot until I found any quest fish that most be caught above the cavern level can't be caught. I've also performed the godly tempest staff glitch multiple times pre crash but more post so that can't be. I've made many worlds and characters after but no crash.

System: 2ds

Not quite sure what you mean by this. So far there are only two 'versions' of the game (on 3DS), that's the pre-patch vanilla and the 1.0.1 patch. We've all downloaded the same game, the same file, from the eShop. Granted, every world generated is different. But not every copy of the game is different. We're all playing the same game, assuming we're on the latest update.

During my 250+ hours solo play, I've probably only had one or two crashes. It's fairly stable for me, but I'm using a New 3DS XL. Multiplayer is another story entirely - as absolutely every time I've played multiplayer it has crashed and data has been lost. I've noticed it seems to happen after breaking shadow orbs and when meteorites land - so it could be biome specific, who knows.

Some feedback from the devs would be nice =]

So question is what system crashes and what doesn't. I've CRASHED 5 times. 4 times was the strange tombstone next to my nurse. Pre update. Once post update. The last one was random but was on the same week the update came out. I was making a fishing pool in the cavern when all of sudden... The thing was it only happened once on that world and I used it a lot until I found any quest fish that most be caught above the cavern level can't be caught. I've also performed the godly tempest staff glitch multiple times pre crash but more post so that can't be. I've made many worlds and characters after but no crash.

System: 2ds
I have a 2DS and it NEVER crashes :/

I hope they put more Goblins/Pirates into the evasions. Only 3/4 Goblins/Pirates spawn at a time.
For me it's 1/4 but pirates aren't a problem for some reason. If you think that's bad just wait until you try to get the terra blade.

Last edited:
@Deanzor I figured it out. I figured out over halve the bugs in the game just by fishing. It's because the game thinks we're ALWAYS UNDERGROUND!!! I found this out because when you get fishing quest and the fish you have to catch is on the surface or sky you can't catch it. It also explains the armored cave fish caught above the underground, souls of light reported on surface, and mobs from events like pirate invasion, goblin army, and solar eclispe despawn because they're slightly off screen. It all adds up.

I've also found why dungeons and snow biomes are so glitch. If you're not near a source of light the biomes won't registered. Unless you're in the underground snow biome in which case only the background shows. With dungeons it is more part of the problem it still is part of it.

Also godly tempest staff isn't the best summoner weapon. Now what you're thinking. You're thinking is the lag thing. NOPE! Weirdest thing happens. Instead of summoning a sharknado it summons the Dao of pow. Don't ask me why but it does. All you have to do is use it and the flail will be summoned far away. The chain will still be attached and you can't use any items until the glitch has ended. I'll try pulling up a picture later.

System: 2ds.
[DOUBLEPOST=1456776306,1456775889][/DOUBLEPOST]Has any one gotten the duke fishron trophy yet. Killed over 50 (No joke. I've counted all my worms.) of them and never got. I'd know if any one has gotten it and placed be for trying again.

@Deanzor I figured it out. I figured out over halve the bugs in the game just by fishing. It's because the game thinks we're ALWAYS UNDERGROUND!!! I found this out because when you get fishing quest and the fish you have to catch is on the surface or sky you can't catch it. It also explains the armored cave fish caught above the underground, souls of light reported on surface, and mobs from events like pirate invasion, goblin army, and solar eclispe despawn because they're slightly off screen. It all adds up.

I've also found why dungeons and snow biomes are so glitch. If you're not near a source of light the biomes won't registered. Unless you're in the underground snow biome in which case only the background shows. With dungeons it is more part of the problem it still is part of it.

Also godly tempest staff isn't the best summoner weapon. Now what you're thinking. You're thinking is the lag thing. NOPE! Weirdest thing happens. Instead of summoning a sharknado it summons the Dao of pow. Don't ask me why but it does. All you have to do is use it and the flail will be summoned far away. The chain will still be attached and you can't use any items until the glitch has ended. I'll try pulling up a picture later.

System: 2ds.
[DOUBLEPOST=1456776306,1456775889][/DOUBLEPOST]Has any one gotten the duke fishron trophy yet. Killed over 50 (No joke. I've counted all my worms.) of them and never got. I'd know if any one has gotten it and placed be for trying again.

Nice detective work there buddy, be sure to fill in one of their official forms if you can be bothered.

I've killed the Duke over 100 times, no trophy for me either.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. So far there are only two 'versions' of the game (on 3DS), that's the pre-patch vanilla and the 1.0.1 patch. We've all downloaded the same game, the same file, from the eShop. Granted, every world generated is different. But not every copy of the game is different. We're all playing the same game, assuming we're on the latest update.
Ok, so maybe the game itself doesn't change at all, but you understand what I'm getting at, right? The world-gen makes a very different world every time, whether it's pre- or post-patch. You have me there. No two worlds will ever be the exact same. But randomized worlds make it difficult to find the cause of crashes, even if the problem DOES somehow lie within the way the world generated.

Also, I am willing to decide that the Fishron Trophy does not drop. Either that, or its drop rate is way too small, like the Uzi used to be.

Two things
1: Plantera got NERFED. Plantera is WAY too easy. I fought it with hallowed armor, unmodified accessories, and a mushroom spear and beat it, and continue to do so with the same gear, about 20 times now. Yet I cannot beat golem, can't even get close to beating it.

2: Solar eclipse spawns suck. I haven't seen more than 2-3 enemies on screen at one time during eclipses which is just plain sad. I can stand in the middle of a desert with no light and only maybe 1 vampire and one reaper will spawn. Even then, it takes 10-30 seconds between each 2 mob spawns til more come. This is EXTREMELY annoying. I just stand still with crappy armor and weapon and let my one pygmy kill them without them even touching me. That should not be happening.

Now that you mention it, you might be right. I have been talking about the Eye of Cthulhu so long that you know my history with it. But maybe, just maybe, my game crashes upon defeating it because he is not programmed to spawn when you're underground. But since the game thinks I'm underground when he spawns (which should only happen when you're on what's considered the surface), it gets confused and crashes. It might also explain why the background borderline between the Cavern and Underworld layers doesn't look right.

Last edited:
Man, souls of Night, Light, (etc) are SUPER RARE! I only got 5 souls of night and 8 souls of light and that's it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1456842343,1456842027][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. The Destroyer is too tough to beat because the fram rate drops to like 5 fps. And it does too much damage even though I Titanium Armor, A Titanium Sword, and a Titanium Drill.

Yeah, it's still obtainable as a drop from Plantera. Not too sure on the exact drop rate, but it's fairly common.
Thank you, I was really worried because I wasn't getting it, so I kept killing your children.;(I'm sorry I wanted that weapon so badly, I will come to their funeral.:(
[DOUBLEPOST=1456845317,1456845098][/DOUBLEPOST]I also can't get Pygmy Staff, I killed at least 17 of your children but have not obtained it.:(
[DOUBLEPOST=1456845705][/DOUBLEPOST]Um... can 505 Games or whoever it is to add Gemspark blocks to 3ds version, I need to make my Trademark House: FYI, if anyone steals my idea i will find you.

Attachments

• Capture 2015-12-29 16_58_15 (1).png
    Capture 2015-12-29 16_58_15 (1).png
    285.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom