3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my previous comment I said Chaos Elementals don't spawn at all in an artificial underground hallow. All I can see is a whole lot of Illuminant Slimes and Illuminant Bats. Could this possibly be a consequence of the fighter-AI-mobs-despawning bug? It is still unclear why Chaos Elementals start to spawn when the active biome is not hallow.

Oh yeah, one more thing, is there going to be an auto save feature anytime soon for the 3DS?

No. We had it in, but the saving is resource-intensive and so the framerate drops during a save. That's why we let you choose when to stop and save, but have a reminder for you to do so.

Will we get a save backup feature like the other versions have?

No plans for this currently.

Its has been weeks will the update eve come out for U.S. players I really hate the current version due to being used to other better versions more current. Any idea how much longer we need to wait?

The patch has just been approved by Nintendo of America, release date will follow shortly.

Reactions: Fly
Hi all, I have a couple of questions.
1. Will Ice Golems start to appear and will Beetle Husks be dropped by the Golem in the upcoming 1.0.3 update for NOA?
2. Will Boreal and Palm Wood make an eventual appearance?
3. Would vanity items, such as Rainhat/coat or the ninja gear, recieve the amrour treatment? As in, turn into actual gear rather than vanity.

Thank you!

Hi all, I have a couple of questions.
1. Will Ice Golems start to appear and will Beetle Husks be dropped by the Golem in the upcoming 1.0.3 update for NOA?
2. Will Boreal and Palm Wood make an eventual appearance?
3. Would vanity items, such as Rainhat/coat or the ninja gear, recieve the amrour treatment? As in, turn into actual gear rather than vanity.

Thank you!
Ice Golems have spawning issues for some players. I've had many spawn but regardless, according to the update log, they should spawn normally in 1.03. There's no mention of the addition of Beetle Husks/Armor as it wasn't an original Golem drop, rather one added in a later content update.And good point on the wood types, I didn't even notice their absence.

As for tree types, is it intentional that giant glowing mushrooms on surface grow without any branches? They are no different to ones which grow underground.

Man, all of this talk about changing worlds sometimes does or does not fix the crashing issues can get a bit confusing. I am starting to wonder if the characters themselves can be the issue and that creating a new character can solve the crashing issue. It doesn't really make sense, since the characters are mostly the same. But maybe certain types of clothing/colours can cause issues somehow? Do those tiny changes of coding cause issues at all? As silly as this idea sounds, we need to attempt everything. It's hard to believe that it is the world itself that is the issue if other worlds still crash as well, especially since what you do in one world is never the exact same experience in every world, there is too many variables. And surely it can't be a game cart/download issue either. Redownloading doesn't fix anything in the end and if some people have crashing issues constantly, then surely every person would be having a crashing issue. I think it must be to do with something about the characters themselves. Whether it is to do with the inventories or if there is a tiny issue with the character creation process...
I don't think it's the characters. I have two characters and they've never crashed on my stable worlds. My first character, however, have had more than its fair share of crashes on my previous worlds. That's enough for me to write off the characters as a cause of crash. I only said "unstable worlds" because there must be something in the previous worlds that isn't present in my current worlds. Unfortunately, yes, the variables involved is a nightmare. If I could somehow isolate what exactly causes the crash, like a reliably repeatable crash, then that would definitely help. But so far most of the crashes seem to be random. It can happen regardless of biome, of depth/height, of day or night, of proximity to certain things or NPCs... In the end, all I can really say is that my current worlds have never crashed on me when others have. Make of it what you will.

I've read somewhere in this thread, somebody thought it might be similar to the memory leak bug in Vita version? Maybe the game is tracking too many things at one point and gets choked up or something? I don't know... :/

I don't think it's the characters. I have two characters and they've never crashed on my stable worlds. My first character, however, have had more than its fair share of crashes on my previous worlds. That's enough for me to write off the characters as a cause of crash. I only said "unstable worlds" because there must be something in the previous worlds that isn't present in my current worlds. Unfortunately, yes, the variables involved is a nightmare. If I could somehow isolate what exactly causes the crash, like a reliably repeatable crash, then that would definitely help. But so far most of the crashes seem to be random. It can happen regardless of biome, of depth/height, of day or night, of proximity to certain things or NPCs... In the end, all I can really say is that my current worlds have never crashed on me when others have. Make of it what you will.

I've read somewhere in this thread, somebody thought it might be similar to the memory leak bug in Vita version? Maybe the game is tracking too many things at one point and gets choked up or something? I don't know... :/
Well, what were you doing when most of the crashes happened? Maybe the character's actions have something to do with it, I just realized that most of my crashes happen when I'm jumping

In my previous comment I said Chaos Elementals don't spawn at all in an artificial underground hallow. All I can see is a whole lot of Illuminant Slimes and Illuminant Bats. Could this possibly be a consequence of the fighter-AI-mobs-despawning bug? It is still unclear why Chaos Elementals start to spawn when the active biome is not hallow.
I don't think the despawning bug affects non-event mobs. I just think they're rare, like Tim or that really strong, really annoying caster thingy.

Well, what were you doing when most of the crashes happened? Maybe the character's actions have something to do with it, I just realized that most of my crashes happen when I'm jumping
That could be, but I've also crashed while mining, while flying, under the ocean... etc. But yes, a lot of it did happen during a jump.

I don't think the despawning bug affects non-event mobs. I just think they're rare, like Tim or that really strong, really annoying caster thingy.

No it can't be simply explained by their rarity. Trust me, I've experimented on it fairly extensively. In an artificial underground hallow nothing other than those illuminant things spawn. That super annoying Rune Wizards stop spawning too, not matter how long I run the farm like 3 hours.

But, as soon as I remove some of the hallowed blocks to inactivate the biome, Chaos Elementals (and the f*cking Rune thingy too) immediately start to spawn with a decent spawn rate. And when I say immediately I mean immediately. In other words, Chaos Elementals aren't that rare in a "normal" underground with a hallowed spawn pad.

Last edited:
No it can't be simply explained by their rarity. Trust me, I've experimented on it fairly extensively. In an artificial underground hallow nothing other than those illuminant things spawn. That super annoying Rune Wizards stop spawning too, not matter how long I run the farm like 3 hours.

But, as soon as I remove some of the hallowed blocks to inactivate the biome, Chaos Elementals (and the f*cking Rune thingy too) immediately starts to spawn with a decent spawn rate. And when I say immediately I mean immediately. In other words, Chaos Elementals aren't that rare in a "normal" underground with a hallowed platform.
The rune wizards? XD I've got their vanity set, they're pretty easy with a weapon that goes through walls, a minion, or a projectile sword

@ferofax i Made a new world and played for more then a half day and explored 60-75% of the card.
And it crashed yesterday too..

If your theory is right...
What do you think how many worlds are unstable? In percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom