Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Version: 1.4.0.4
Platform: Steam
Mode: Varies (specified for each issue)
Controls: Keyboard+Mouse

Bug 1: Single Player, Journey Mode
Royal Delicacy in Journey-Master Mode seems to have no/a very low drop chance. I have gone through more than 30 fights, in Master Mode the entire time, with godmode off, no time freeze/speeding up, and natural weather changes. Not even once did I receive a Royal Delicacy, even with a 25% drop chance.

Bug 2: Single Player, Journey Mode
When using Block Swap to create glass windows in foreground blocks, any adjacent background walls will retain the slight overlap behind the glass block. This does not occur without block swap, and the walls instantly revert to their intended state after an adjacent block has been broken.

Bug 3: Single and Multiplayer, Master Mode
With Moon Lord Legs equipped, for many frames during moving animations a black bar is visible behind the player's feet. This occurs when walking, falling, and in the character selection screen.

Bug 4: Single Player, Journey Mode
After a session, I left my computer with the game running in the background. When I returned some hours later, the game had crashed with this message:
"System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'WindowsGameForm'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.GetSafeHandle(|Win32Windowwindow)
at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(|Win32Windowowner, Strung text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean showHelp)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ShowMissingRequirementMessage(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.ShowMissingRequirementMessace(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)"

Note: The next two "bugs" are exploits that I discovered, that may utilize unintended mechanics.

"Bug" 5: Single Player, Journey Mode
It is extremely easy to cheese the Angler's quests. Start by catching one quest fish, then research it. Repeat once more. Then, go to the Angler with your duplicated quest fish to complete the quest. Set the time to Midnight, then immediately to Dawn with time frozen. The Angler has a new quest. Repeat until all quest fish are able to be duplicated. Place all quest fish in inventory from the duplication menu, and repeat the Midnight to Dawn spamming, giving the Angler a quest fish every new day. Replenish quest fish as needed. What I think may be a possible bug is how each switch from night to day is what triggers the Angler's quest timer. I think this may be solved by forcing the Angler's timer to be a real-time value, not a trigger when the game reaches a certain time.

"Bug" 6: Single Player, Journey Mode
Immediate access to all of the Travelling Merchant's inventory is possible as soon as he first arrives. Freeze time, switch to Master Mode, and go to him. Buy what you want, then kill him (He does not attempt to escape being hurt if he is being spoken to, so killing him with lava is very easy). Another Travelling Merchant will immediately spawn in, usually at a different town, with an entirely rerolled inventory. Rinse and repeat until all desired items are acquired. Here, there are 3 things I think may be possible bugs: the Travelling Merchant willingly sacrificing himself as long as you keep him company, the Travelling Merchant instantly respawning if time is frozen, and the newly spawned Travelling Merchant sporting a completely new inventory. I think this may be fixed by causing NPC's to try to escape danger from traps/lava even when being interacted with, only allowing 1 Travelling Merchant to spawn in each day, and/or assigning a specific inventory set to each day, so every Travelling Merchant that spawns on that given day always has the same inventory.

EDIT: Bug 7: Single Player, Journey Mode
Some various text boxes are inappropriately sized for the text contained within them, most commonly manifesting itself as a string being too long before a new line is started.

My apologies for the long post. I hope I have been thorough enough in this report. Thanks for continuing this project for over nine years and creating such an amazing game.

Last edited:
I think that the fifth "bug" is pretty handy though. It would have taken me years to get the things I needed for builds, and I really desired nothing else other from the angler other than the aesthetic things. And it's just basically skipping forward time anyway, setting it from midnight to dawn, which is why the chances for a solar eclipse, goblin/pirate invasion and travelling merchant spawn happen, and why angler quest rerolls. (because you're setting it to 4:30 a.m, which is when the game checks for these things to happen.)

Although I do agree, this can cause trouble, especially with cheesing the angler quest achievements. I think it would be better to disable achievements in journey mode altogether as you can easily godmode the bosses and such, and setting the angler on a real-time value would just hinder people just trying to get the decoration/aesthetic items. And you can't bring items onto a normal world with a journey mode character anyway, so you can't really cheese any of your regular games.

Maybe this is just my opinion though:)

Bug 3: Could you attach a screenshot or GIF showing the black bar?

Bug 4: This can sometimes happen if the computer starts to power off devices when left idle for a long period of time. Suddenly the graphics card isn't there and the game doesn't like it. Does it happen consistently or was it a one-off?

Bug 5: This has to be intentional, or we wouldn't be able to research quest fish. :)
You do have to catch the quest fish at least once (for each type) to research it. As an easier game mode, it does allow you to acquire the Angler awards quite easily.

Bug 6: There's a known issue that will mean the Travelling Merchant is guaranteed to spawn at dawn if time is frozen and he's not already in the world. Were you freezing time at dawn? That would explain why he immediately respawned.

Bug 7: Could you please provide screenshots of the overly long text?

For #1, I just killed 50 King Slimes, and got 11 Royal Delicacies. It sounds like supremely bad luck perhaps?

All of the speed/time related features shouldn't impact the drops to any degree.

I can't reproduce #2, could you provide exact steps and/or pictures for it?

I suppose it could have been terrible luck. Attached are screenshots of #2, as well as a peculiar Zoologist thing I just encountered.
Here's how I replicated #2:
1. Build a wall of blocks (I did 2 blocks thick)
2. Place backwalls (I used planked) against the inner layer
3. Use block swap to change the inner layer to solid glass

Attachments

• 20200527122224_1.jpg
    20200527122224_1.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200527122238_1.jpg
    20200527122238_1.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200527122103_1.jpg
    20200527122103_1.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 70