NPCs & Enemies A boss for space

JakeZz

Steampunker
Terraria already has tons of bosses. Some are in the seas, some in the ground, some in underworld. But we do not have a boss for space.
I wish that Terraria would have some sort of space boss, maybe a giant Wyvern that could be summoned through some item crafted from souls of flight and harpy feathers.
Terraria just really needs a boss that was located in space and could only be battled in space or surface.

I think that's a great idea. Something post-hardmode, after plantera. I was thinking some sort of extra-long skeletal looking arch-wyvern sort of thing, and in its ribcage is a big flame. It's tail would be similar to the arch wyvern's, but like a bone feather instead of flesh. I was thinking something like this:
First stage:
Max life: 30,000
Damage: 75 (contact)/ 30 bone feather throw (An attack life the harpies' feather-throwing, but he fires seven or eight at once, and there could be a small animation where he throws it from his tail feather.)/ 40 flame breath (An attack like spazmatism's cursed flame thrower, but it lasts three seconds longer and is weaker in damage.)
Defense: 25
Second stage:
Fire in the NecroWyvern ribcage turns green, eyes are lit on fire with a cursed-inferno-type look.
Remaining life: 10,000
Damage: 100 contact (Becomes slightly faster, occasionally circles around the player, getting smaller and smaller until he hits the player, then goes back to his normal attacks)/ 35 bone feather throw (Now inflicts On Fire! Debuff for eight seconds, and throws ten feathers instead of seven or eight)/ 60 flame breath (Fire turns green, except for the bone feather throw attack, and now inflicts cursed inferno debuff for eight seconds)
Defense: 35
Immune to all debuffs except for poison.
Maybe summoned with something like a flaming ribcage, crafted from ten cursed flames, thirty bones, ten souls of night, ten souls of flight, and twenty harpy feathers.
Drops:
Necrowyvern tome: shoots bone feathers, a random chance to shoot 1-3 feathers, all of them together amounting to 50 damage total. As in, sometimes, it shoots one bone feather that does 50 damage, sometimes it shoots two that each do 25 damage, in a shotgun burst pattern, and sometimes it shoots three that each do 17 damage. All feathers inflict the cursed inferno debuff for ten seconds. 33.3% chance.
Harpy staff: Summons a small harpy, which shoots little feathers at enemies that do 40 damage each. 33.3% chance. (Harpies have five different colors: original blue, purple, green, orange, and red.)
Crossbones: (A sword, sort of looks like a hardmode version of the bone sword, with a bone feather crosspiece) autoswing, 85 damage, weak knockback, critical chance: 10%. Use time: 19. Leaves lingering fire particles that have no functional purpose except to provide light. 33.3% chance.
(Not that only one of the above can drop)
Has a 10% chance to drop any wing set, along with five-10 souls of light.
Is this a good idea? If someone could sprite these, that would be great.

I think that's a great idea. Something post-hardmode, after plantera. I was thinking some sort of extra-long skeletal looking arch-wyvern sort of thing, and in its ribcage is a big flame. It's tail would be similar to the arch wyvern's, but like a bone feather instead of flesh. I was thinking something like this:
First stage:
Max life: 30,000
Damage: 75 (contact)/ 30 bone feather throw (An attack life the harpies' feather-throwing, but he fires seven or eight at once, and there could be a small animation where he throws it from his tail feather.)/ 40 flame breath (An attack like spazmatism's cursed flame thrower, but it lasts three seconds longer and is weaker in damage.)
Defense: 25
Second stage:
Fire in the NecroWyvern ribcage turns green, eyes are lit on fire with a cursed-inferno-type look.
Remaining life: 10,000
Damage: 100 contact (Becomes slightly faster, occasionally circles around the player, getting smaller and smaller until he hits the player, then goes back to his normal attacks)/ 35 bone feather throw (Now inflicts On Fire! Debuff for eight seconds, and throws ten feathers instead of seven or eight)/ 60 flame breath (Fire turns green, except for the bone feather throw attack, and now inflicts cursed inferno debuff for eight seconds)
Defense: 35
Immune to all debuffs except for poison.
Maybe summoned with something like a flaming ribcage, crafted from ten cursed flames, thirty bones, ten souls of night, ten souls of flight, and twenty harpy feathers.
Drops:
Necrowyvern tome: shoots bone feathers, a random chance to shoot 1-3 feathers, all of them together amounting to 50 damage total. As in, sometimes, it shoots one bone feather that does 50 damage, sometimes it shoots two that each do 25 damage, in a shotgun burst pattern, and sometimes it shoots three that each do 17 damage. All feathers inflict the cursed inferno debuff for ten seconds. 33.3% chance.
Harpy staff: Summons a small harpy, which shoots little feathers at enemies that do 40 damage each. 33.3% chance. (Harpies have five different colors: original blue, purple, green, orange, and red.)
Crossbones: (A sword, sort of looks like a hardmode version of the bone sword, with a bone feather crosspiece) autoswing, 85 damage, weak knockback, critical chance: 10%. Use time: 19. Leaves lingering fire particles that have no functional purpose except to provide light. 33.3% chance.
(Not that only one of the above can drop)
Has a 10% chance to drop any wing set, along with five-10 souls of light.
Is this a good idea? If someone could sprite these, that would be great.
That sounds really cool! I like that flame breath attack. And the Crossbones sounds sweet :D

Back
Top Bottom