Blocks & Decoration A Bunch of Ideas

KiiVoZin

Steampunker
I'm not a huge builder or anything, but I'm gonna try to pick some nice features from other games and give my ideas about how they can me implemented to Terraria.

Bland Block
I said I'm not a good builder, but I'm in love with pixel-arts. So why not add just a solid bland all 32 pixels of pitch white block? How about combining 2 marbles (or a marble and a granite, to increase the need of exploration for it) and we can paint the white canvas we created to turn it to whatever we want? This wouldn't make any other blocks useless too since it wouldn't fit buildings and such.

More hammered block shapes?
You know the shape you get after hammering the block once or twice? The one that makes it really tiny but adds huge depth to the visual of the game? Why not make it possible to make it turn too? This could help with cool outlines or lava tunnels and such. I mean, the slopes can already do this, right?

Multiple paint layers
You know how the wires turn cyan or orange and such when to basic colors overlap? Why not make 2 (and only 2, otherwise it could cause performance issues) colors mix when painted on each other? This would give us a HUGE variety of paints without actually adding, well, paints.

Room prefixes
Now I believe this is a really cool idea, but it's a little complex. If you ever played The Sims 4 (some mechanics were actually cool, shut up!) you probably realised that you can duplicate a room and just pull and push the walls to make it fit your desires. Prison Architect has a similar mechanic too, and my idea is closer to this. So, we can hold and drag our mouse to choose an area in camera mode. So, we could be able to do this to a room or anything in particular, including the walls. After we select the area and let go of the mouse, the game saves it to your character. Maybe the amount of saves should be limited to 2-3, to make it simpler. Now, the saved "rooms" would appear on the right side of the screen, after pressing an icon like the homing or equipment icons. Now imagine you have your basic NPC house saved and it shows at the right side. This button would have another small icon at the corner of it, which crafts all the resources needed to build that room, if you have the resources and the building stations nearby. After having all the materials, simply left clicking the room will bring a shadow of the room that floats around with your mouse. and if you're in block placement range, and you can put blocks at that location, holding left click would make your character build that room on it's own, really similar to how you place walls in smart mode.

I hope my ideas are clear, if there's anything you guys cannot understand or imagine, just let me know and I'll edit the entry ^^

It's not like EA or Introversion Software will sue Re-Logic for "stealing" room duplication mechanics...
you don't know that.
If you ever played The Sims 4 (some mechanics were actually cool, shut up!) you probably realised that you can duplicate a room and just pull and push the walls to make it fit your desires.
we will have something similar to this for terraria 1.4, it's create mode but its not like other games with the creative mode (such as minecraft) as in this kind of creative mode. A statement by Cenx on the Terraria discord server mentioned that the 1.4 update will have "a form of creative mode". This mode "won't just give you everything. It will all need to be earned", unlike traditional creative modes in other games.

Back
Top Bottom