Weapons & Equip A Change to Water Gun & Slime Gun

Everybody

Terrarian
These two items currently do nothing in the game. The Water Gun inflicts the enemy/npc/player with the wet debuff. The Slime Gun inflicts the Slime Debuff. These two novelty items have a lot of potential, and I'm here to give them that potential:

Water_Gun.png
Water Gun:
Shoots a stream of water which inflicts Wet for 6 seconds.

Wet.png
Wet:
Damage inflicted by any Frozen/Lightning Item deals +10% Damage

Slime_Gun.png
Slime Gun:
Shoots a stream of slime which inflicts Slime for 6 seconds.

Slime_(debuff).png
Slime:
Damage inflicted by any Frostburn item Deals -10% Damage
Damage inflicted by any Fire Item Deals +10% Damage
Damage inflicted by any Cursed Flame Item Deals +20% Damage

I'd prefer having enemies directly blow up when On Fire! would be inflicted on them while they're under the Slimed debuff.

then there is no excuse for why a boss drops the slime gun as a main loot pool drop, and why the water gun is so expensive and takes up a slot for the traveling merchant.
you're right. they should be obtained in a different way.

It would be cumbersome to have to inflict a debuff with one weapon that enhances the effects of another weapon you'd need to then switch to. Maybe if the game had some sort of dual-wield mechanic -- or maybe a grenade-throw key, with slime/water balloons that inflict those debuffs...

I mean, it's never necessary to switch, in fact these bonuses aren't all that useful. A Fire attack that deals 40 Damage goes to:

40->44 (Fire)
40->48 (Cursed Flames)

I mean, it's never necessary to switch, in fact these bonuses aren't all that useful. A Fire attack that deals 40 Damage goes to:

40->44 (Fire)
40->48 (Cursed Flames)
Pff, those straightforward stat changes are barely even noticeable.

Exploding in flames, now that's noticeable.

That was my point, Baconfry. I was proving that those stat changes aren't too, well, noticeable. While this isn't unnecessary, it isn't exactly necessary either. It's just something I'd like. The Explosion could do:

Inflicts On Fire!
Deals 150% of initial Damage
Internal Cooldown of 18 seconds

That was my point, Baconfry. I was proving that those stat changes aren't too, well, noticeable. While this isn't unnecessary, it isn't exactly necessary either. It's just something I'd like. The Explosion could do:

Inflicts On Fire!
Deals 150% of initial Damage
Internal Cooldown of 18 seconds
I don't think that the cooldown is necessary, just have it get rid of the slimed debuff (also it should deal massive knock-back)

Back
Top Bottom