Biomes & Nature A Dungeon Alternate-and moar desert content at the Same Time (ooooooh)

Darkwraith332

Skeletron
So, I was thinking, and I realized that there'z a pretty simple way to get around this whole desert problem: why not just have a pyramid alternate of the Dungeon?! It could work thematically, and aren't we all tired of skeletons by now?! Well I really don't care because I'll suggest this anyways. Hmph.

Appearance:
It basically looks like a bigger pyramid, with a clear entrance facing away from the ocean. Inside, there is a CHANCE for there to be a chest with the normal Pyramid loot inside, exluding the Pharoah Vanity, which will be a rare drop. There is an altar you can use at night to summon ye olde boss. Yellow torches decorate the place.

Blocks: Desert Bricks and Desert walls
desertbricks.png
Same thing as Dungeon Bricks and Dungeon Walls.

The furniture could just be recolors I guess. I don't really care about that right now, I want to outline the bigger Ideas first.

If you try and go down into the Tomb, you will get strongly knocked back through blocks and take suffocation damage until you reach the entrance again. If you die this way, "<playername was not invited.>" or "<playername> is forbidden." Think of it as a poison wind sort of thing. No, you cannot kill The Wind. Duh.

It's enemies in pre hardmode are as follows:

anubis.png
Anubis- replaces Angry Bones: life: 110 damage:20 KB resist: 25% fighter AI.

symbol1.png
symbol2.png
Heiroglyphs- replaces Cursed Skulls: Health:50 damage:50 KB resist: 0% hovering AI
-notes:always spawns in groups of 3.
cursed jar.png
Cursed Jar:-replaces Spiky balls Health:1 damage:0 KB resist:0 No AI.
-When it is killed, touched by a player or enemy, it releases 5-10 Heiroglyphs.
download (14).png
Sarcophagus Mimic-replaces Blazing Wheels. Health:250 Defense:12 KB resist: 100%. No AI.
- every 5 seconds it will teleport to the player's location and emenate an aura of darkness doing 50 constant damage and can inflict Blackout.

The Equivalent to Chests.
Chests are Sarcophagi in here, Their sprite is almost the same as the Mimic's above, minus the blue aura.
The loot found within:

This is an unfinished thread. My computer was about to die so I had to post it like dis for now, will update with edit to complete asap.

You can save your post using the little save button if you're not ready to post yet. It also autosaves your post no matter what.

Anyways, my main problem here is that it really has nothing unique in terms of equipment. Actually, as far as I can tell it's basically a Dungeon Reskin (Is this meant to replace the dungeon or complement it?)

And the problem with that is that the Dungeon already has three reskins.
Blue_Brick.png
Blue Brick
Green_Brick.png
Green Brick
Pink_Brick.png
Pink Brick

(In order: Skull, Worm, Eye. First three major Pre-HM bosses, also the few that make a reappearance in HM).
So I don't think you're going to get away with just reskinning the dungeon.

I won't offer a final conclusion yet as it doesn't seem like you're finished. However, if you want to make this work, I advise you make it unique and have it offer a separate experience from the dungeon, w/ different loot and related.

It's going to be different, don't worry. I have some ideas for Hardmode in particular that should make this really special.

Back
Top Bottom