NPCs & Enemies A for fun event NPC perhaps unlocked once the cultists are dead? (Halloween | October + Blood Moon) A Cultist Infiltration Event

Zalpha

Terrarian
So firstly this post is inspired by this poster I saw on reddit.

lvzs20h10du41.jpg

I saw this post and I thought how cool would it be if this NPC just appeared (perhaps actually sharing a room with another NPC as that would be special) randomly in town and it makes you worried that they are actually there in your town.

They would claim to be just an ordinary NPC with nothing special about them but you can clearly see that they are a member of a cult (one you know well).

Well if you ignore or leave them they will start to convert your NPC's to be like them, a robed cultist!

They can teleport around to other NPC’s (like how the skeletal mages do so) and open up dialogue speech bubbles and have a conversation with other NPCs. The speech bubble symbols can be ominous and creepy (like for example: skulls, blood and poisoned daggers). If they chat long enough they will convert the NPC into a robed version of themselves.

Unlike other NPC’s these robbed cultists do not attack other mobs and are not attacked or hurt by them.

Well if you don't attack the cultists, which could perhaps be done through interrogating them or some other way such as perhaps a doll dropped by a mob during a Blood Moon that should be thrown into blood water or something.

Anyway, the point is that if you don't stop them they will convert your town into a converted cult member version of themselves who are also robed. Then they will either attack you as mobs or gather up into a group (or stop and do it where they are without gathering up) to create a summoning to summon for a special boss monster - perhaps a special Blood Moon Boss - maybe a blood monster to fit in the Terraria body part theme.

Well anyway there is the idea, I think it is too late for it to be added into the game but it could still be added in the future as a small update or a modder could try their hand at this idea if they like it.

I like this idea, but there should be a way to prevent this from happening, such as a voodoo doll to equip, and a way to restore your npc's.

I like this idea, but there should be a way to prevent this from happening, such as a voodoo doll to equip, and a way to restore your npc's.

I guess but I was thinking more that you kill them off and wait for them to respawn. Stop it from spreading if you want to save your NPC's. Was also thinking that in the harder the game difficulty the higher the chance that the Nurse NPC gets converted before anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom