Items A forest biome key

What do you think?

• Total voters

punchmypotatoes

Skeletron
There are many biomes with their own special key. The Hallow, Corruption, Crimson, Ice and Jungle. All biomes with their own special key and item
But wait! This is not true. What about the good old forest biome. Doesn't that biome deserve a little bit more useful items? Surely this biome deserves a key and item. So that's why I came up with this.
The forest key (
ForestKey.png
) should be able to open the forest chest (
ForestChest.png
) (Thanks @The Architect for these sprites!). And in that chest will contain a weapon called: The Super Critter Staff!

The Super Critter Staff (
zqD0yxN.png
) (Thanks @Esmerelda the Slime Girl for the idea and thanks @Ivy for the sprite )

Summon Damage: 38
Mana Usage: 10
Knock back: Average
Summons a critter to fight for you with a red cape (Bunnies, squirrels, ducks etc.)
Each critter has its own way of fighting. (Thanks @Blakeriptor!) The bunny will turn corrupt when an enemy is nearby and will charge at the enemy, squirrels will stay and throw acorns at the enemy, ducks and birds will divebomb the enemy, fish will spawn when the super critter goes in water, acts like super bunnies and turn corrupt when enemies are nearby. (Thanks @00Banshee00 )

So, what do you think? Please comment below on what you think! Here's the code for the support banner:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-forest-biome-key.28880/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EY9stI1.png[/IMG][/URL]
Thanks @DarkAwesome for this awesome banner!
Emoticon.png

Last edited:
I like the idea of making it a Yoyo weapon. There's already weapons for each other 'class'. So yep, support! I don't do numbers / balancing, so I can't really comment on those aspects of it. But I do like the idea otherwise!

(Any chance we could get a Desert key + chest for a Throwing item? Like Shurikens, Javelins, etc. Or for a permanent summon instead of a sentry. That could round things off very nicely.)

I feel like there's too many Yoyo's in game, plus there's already a big Forest themed yoyo (the Terrarian). I DO think that the Forest biome needs a biome weapon, but I don't like the idea of it being a yoyo, and I think the Forest biome needs an endgame expansion for this to really be viable.

I like the idea of a Forest Key.

Perhaps it should be either a slime weapon or a bunny/critter weapon, considering that's the main thing you find in forests. Perhaps a weapon that shoots / rains slimes down on enemies, or maybe a homing bunny missile launcher, or something.

Personally, I'd love to have a weapon that I click an enemy and hold the fire button down for a second to make a large Purple King Slime slam down on them from the Heavens, ha ha.

Personally, I'd love to have a weapon that I click an enemy and hold the fire button down for a second to make a large Purple King Slime slam down on them from the Heavens, ha ha.

There's an actual item in the game like that, it's a 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 drop from Pinkies in corrupted snow biomes

I don't know. I like the idea, but another yoyo means another melee weapon which already has not one but two biome chests (One per world because you can't get both corruption and crimson but you know what i mean). I still think forest needs its own key, but maybe another kind of weapon (I would say throwing but that class isn't even a class)

Ok I'll change the weapon How about;
The Gel Staff
Magic Damage: 76
Mana Usage: 24/s
Knock back: Weak
Rains gel onto enemies. When enemies are hit they take damage and are slowed down

Alright we will need a vote since some people are happy with the yoyo and some want another weapon.

Last edited:
I like the idea! Aaaaaaand I like it because #Yoyoislife :naughty:
[DOUBLEPOST=1438327722,1438327559][/DOUBLEPOST]But i think it needs a little bit more damage because the chests are can be opened post-plantera but you can get another yo-yo from the dungeon post-plantera with more basic damage.

[DOUBLEPOST=1438327722,1438327559][/DOUBLEPOST]But i think it needs a little bit more damage because the chests are can be opened post-plantera but you can get another yo-yo from the dungeon post-plantera with more basic damage.
K I'll change the damage slightly
[DOUBLEPOST=1438327932][/DOUBLEPOST]Aaaand buffed
[DOUBLEPOST=1438328051][/DOUBLEPOST]----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The poll for what weapon you prefer will be closing in 2 days. Whatever weapon has the highest votes will be kept! So make up your mind :)

Last edited:
I think the yoyo should be a lot more unique. Make it different from all the other yoyos so there's a greater incentive to acquire it. Most of the yoyos are exactly the same aside from their flight time and damage. Give it some unique effects. Don't just tack on a lame effect like the Amarok or the Hel-Fire.

I think the yoyo should be a lot more unique. Make it different from all the other yoyos so there's a greater incentive to acquire it. Most of the yoyos are exactly the same aside from their flight time and damage. Give it some unique effects. Don't just tack on a lame effect like the Amarok or the Hel-Fire.
I gave it an aura which gives Dryad's blessing

Hmmm... I like the idea of a forest key, but a new yoyo doesnt seem too much right... When i hear "forest key" im more thinking slime, bunny, and other things. First think that came to my mind was a staff that fires flying bunnies :p .

That aside, Cool idea, have a like :) (nice first sprites, would never have been able to do that as first ones)

Back
Top Bottom