Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was originally the hype apparently:
the-moon-png.58777

Reactions: Ali
What if we've got this all wrong and we are the bad guys? What if Cthulhu is the defender of the planet and we've gradually destroyed him? We summon his pieces mostly by killing things, and he attacks us only when are destroying the planet building on it or killing it's peaceful inhabitants like the guide. :eek:

I think if skeletron is cthulhu's skeleton then the wall of flesh could be his skin, the brain of cthulhu is his brain, eye of cthulhu his eyes, and
EOW his tenticals.

What if we've got this all wrong and we are the bad guys? What if Cthulhu is the defender of the planet and we've gradually destroyed him? We summon his pieces mostly by killing things, and he attacks us only when are destroying the planet building on it or killing it's peaceful inhabitants like the guide. :eek:
Well, keep in mind that you're killing things that come from a land made out of the flesh of dead creatures and another land made of rot and decay, so I don't really think that we're the bad guy. >_>

I think if skeletron is cthulhu's skeleton then the wall of flesh could be his skin, the brain of cthulhu is his brain, eye of cthulhu his eyes, and
EOW his tenticals.
I honestly see no reasoning in Skeletron, the Wall of Flesh, the Queen Bee and the Eater of Worlds having to all be a part of Cthulhu. I like thinking of them as their own separate entities, not little bits of a seamonster. Also, Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh are far too small to have any relation to Cthulhu.

Pretty sure that's not an official screenshot and is fanmade. I think Re-Logic would do something a bit more exciting with the moon than a big wall of stone blocks coming toward you.
Yeah, I know, but this was lingering around on TerrariaOnline, so I figured I would just bring that up as a reference.

EOW his tenticals.
There is already a giant skeleton in crimson so skeletron could be just a random dungeon guardian rather than cthulhu's skeleton also the eater of worlds has a bigger chance of being his intestine.

Well, keep in mind that you're killing things that come from a land made out of the flesh of dead creatures and another land made of rot and decay, so I don't really think that we're the bad guy. >_>

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's evil the corruption may be a decaying land and the crimson may be a land of flesh but their appearence doesn't mean they are bad. As far as I know there is a land with rainbows and bloodthirsty unicorns that try to kill you while you are trying to dodge death lasers coming at you from weird floating pink creatures. As far as I know the corruption might be just a zone made by a few corruptors who are nothing more than animals trying to stretch their territory but somehow got locked thanks to the wall of flesh.

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's evil the corruption may be a decaying land and the crimson may be a land of flesh but their appearence doesn't mean they are bad. As far as I know there is a land with rainbows and bloodthirsty unicorns that try to kill you while you are trying to dodge death lasers coming at you from weird floating pink creatures. As far as I know the corruption might be just a zone made by a few corruptors who are nothing more than animals trying to stretch their territory but somehow got locked thanks to the wall of flesh.

No need to double post, Snarks...

Yeah, but everything still tries to kill you, whether you provoke it or not. lol

Yeah, but everything still tries to kill you, whether you provoke it or not. lol
A wild lion would probably try to kill you too but that doesn't mean it's evil right? The creatures of these zones might be hungry or might see you as a threat just like a lion would. And just like any animal if you earn it's trust and show you are not a thread it might not try to kill you or you can domesticate it just as with the "baby eater". Weird for an evil creature it sure seems friendly.

A wild lion would probably try to kill you too but that doesn't mean it's evil right? The creatures of these zones might be hungry or might see you as a threat just like a lion would. And just like any animal if you earn it's trust and show you are not a thread it might not try to kill you or you can domesticate it just as with the "baby eater". Weird for an evil creature it sure seems friendly.
Yeahhhh... I don't think you can do that with Terraria monsters. Also, they are called Monsters and not animals, plus they have names with "Death" and things relating to the destruction of the world (it's not like they were named incorrectly), so I still say they're evil.

Yeahhhh... I don't think you can do that with Terraria monsters. Also, they are called Monsters and not animals, plus they have names with "Death" and things relating to the destruction of the world (it's not like they were named incorrectly), so I still say they're evil.
Just because a guy got scared and named them monsters because he is afraid of them doesn't mean they are really monsters. You keep calling them what you wish that doesn't mean you are right though.

Also as I said they see you as a thread weather you are provoking them or not just as a wild lion would do when he sees you.
You don't need to start screaming and shooting with a gun to make it attack you the only provucation it needs is that
you are an intruder in it's territory and you also taste nice.

It would be easy for one of our ancestors to see a lion and name it "Roaring death striker" and call it a monster just because he is afraid of it but in reality it's just an animal. If bunnies in terraria had a consciousness they would probably call you a monster for terraforming all the land and killing their friends while chopping down trees without any "provocation" does that make you a monster?

Just because a guy got scared and named them monsters because he is afraid of them doesn't mean they are really monsters. You keep calling them what you wish that doesn't mean you are right though.

Also as I said they see you as a thread weather you are provoking them or not just as a wild lion would do when he sees you.
You don't need to start screaming and shooting with a gun to make it attack you the only provucation it needs is that
you are an intruder in it's territory and you also taste nice.

It would be easy for one of our ancestors to see a lion and name it "Roaring death striker" and call it a monster just because he is afraid of it but in reality it's just an animal. If bunnies in terraria had a consciousness they would probably call you a monster for terraforming all the land and killing their friends while chopping down trees without any "provocation" does that make you a monster?
There's also the fact that both the Crimson and Corruption come from Cthulhu (seeds from the EoC), and Cthulhu IS evil, so that would make them inherently evil as well.

For telling me that it's still the Lunar update...
Ah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom