Official A Short Time From Now...in a Minecart Not Too Far Away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just has to be said: People are allowed to be hyped - or not - but it would be awesome if we could stop trying to "convince" the other side to be/not be so.

Just react how you want guys and enjoy the buildup. Having been around for similar times for 1.1 and 1.2...the final few weeks of excitement and anticipation can be really fun if you let it. ;)

I also missed how 1.2 was buggy and unfinished. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1.3 is bound to have things you love...things you like....some things that make you go hmmm....that is the nature of the beast with an update this size for a game with a userbase as large as Terraria's. All in all, I am very confident the community will be pleased. :)

If 1.2 was buggy and unfinished, then you'd probably say the same about 1.1 or even the original release. The only things that are buggy are the ports, which is understandable due to a probable limitation of the platform.
Actually... it was a bit unstable in places, and it definitely wasn't balanced at first, but the glitches were patched out pretty quickly and it wasn't nearly as bad as the console launch of 1.2.

Just has to be said: People are allowed to be hyped - or not - but it would be awesome if we could stop trying to "convince" the other side to be/not be so.

Just react how you want guys and enjoy the buildup. Having been around for similar times for 1.1 and 1.2...the final few weeks of excitement and anticipation can be really fun if you let it. ;)

1.3 is bound to have things you love...things you like....some things that make you go hmmm....that is the nature of the beast with an update this size for a game with a userbase as large as Terraria's. All in all, I am very confident the community will be pleased. :)
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Keep up the good work! ;)

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE...HYPE!
BV46buR.gif
BRILLIANT!

You can see that Moon just like from the last spoiler http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/terraria.wiki.gg/6/6e/Event22.jpg

I know that, but there are many enemies shown in that spoiler. There are also clouds here, where in the spoiler there is a clear sky. It might be linked to it being in the ocean, but I don't think the one playing would be screwing around in the Underworld, nor would the background be normal until he moved into a certain location.

I know that, but there are many enemies shown in that spoiler. There are also clouds here, where in the spoiler there is a clear sky. It might be linked to it being in the ocean, but I don't think the one playing would be screwing around in the Underworld, nor would the background be normal until he moved into a certain location.
They turned off enemy spawns to make the video by the way.

They turned off enemy spawns to make the video by the way.

I did not know this. However, I am still suspicious as the background changes after moving into a certain area on the Overworld. If it were an event that changed something in the background, it would mean it causes a visual effect like the Moon events. But the change caused by the Moon events is always there, no matter where you may go.

My thought process is this: If it changes the Overworld background, it wouldn't have the normal one in between when transitioning backgrounds. I could be wrong on this, it's very possible, but that's just my guess.

The "new" green ore may be a retexture of mythril or a new ore. But I don't think it's a retexture because I can't recall mythril spawning in such quantity that low.
Normally Adamantite did that.

Since I'm dead on the inside, I don't get hyped as I should. Hope 30th arrives fast.(Also E3 is this month, so double hype)

Last edited:
So just because you have stopped hyping or because you are dissapointed about the release date, no one else is allowed to be happy and enthusiastic about this reveal? IMHO, if it bothers you, you can always unwatch this thread.
Sorry because it's possibly getting a bit overused, Sorry for my bad writing

Who's the lucky tester, I wanna congratulate them on being in their own spoiler, and not only that but getting into the beta in the first place. After all those applications, it's gotta be hard to be one of those testers, especially for an update this large.

Finally able to see the vid. and holy crap....that background and textures...:eek:

...We're still talking about the same game, right? Because I can't believe it was once This

Anyway, I like the Sign tooltip and the new placement of the lava meter, much better to read a map while the meter is loading again. And a lot of new epic weapons
(I really dig that flaming one)

And epic wings from the start are epic too.

Only still wondering what that door is:
View attachment 54068

Pretty sure that 'door' is just some blocks actuated by pressure plate tracks. Not sure if it's an existing block or a new one though.

honestly, after this, I can't even,

the old underworld/bloodmoon theme was good for bloodmoon, but made no sense at all for underworld. new theme/background rules!
that lightning effect for the event looks cool too!

Who's the lucky tester, I wanna congratulate them on being in their own spoiler, and not only that but getting into the beta in the first place. After all those applications, it's gotta be hard to be one of those testers, especially for an update this large.
Pretty sure it was Skiphs, as he said he turned off enemy spawns as HE kept running into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom