NPCs & Enemies A small change to Slimes

ºFenceº

Eye of Cthulhu
You know how in the tooltip for Gel, it says 'Both tasty and flammable'? Well, since Gel comes from Slimes, I think that when Slimes die from the On Fire! debuff, or are killed with a fire attack, say, with lava or a Flamethrower, they explode. Now, this explosion wouldn't destroy blocks and will do very little if not any damage to the player. Slimes might not even have to explode every time they were set on fire, but I think it might be a neat addition to the game.

Last edited:
Maybe whenever a slime is hit by a fire attack it has a chance to explode, based on how much damage the attack does.The explosion chance would be:

Damage dealt by attack
------------------------------
Slime's remaining health

Maybe if they blew up players like you we wouldn't have such silly ideas...

Nah jk but it would make king slime easy but maybe there could be a new slime :)

Everyone is talking about how this would make king slime easy, so what if the explosion would happen based on how much health the slime had? That way, you could still beat King Slime fair and then have a massive nuke at the end. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413232410][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, it just burns.

Everytime I hear the argument "Terraria has no logic", I cringe. There are a lot of logical things in Terraria, sometimes the devs just take a little artistic license because it's good game design.

Ok, ok, I know that Terraria has some logic, but I don't think it has a whole lot. And I understand where you're coming from, but I don't really want to start a fight. It was just a simple idea that I thought of. :)

I'm surprised that nobody suggested the slimes setting players on fire once they have been ignited. You're spraying fire at something that's flammable, so it should be able to set you on fire too if it manages to hit you.
Or perhaps if you kill a slime with fire, there will be a small flame-explosion, similar to molotovs. King Slime would probably be a much bigger MIRV molotov of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom