PC A small spoiler...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some cool :red: Cenx. I remember not too long ago when i bought Terraria for the first time and fell in love with it i decided to look and see who the developer was and if there was going to be future updates and i was saddened to see that Red decided to no longer update that game. It was not too surprising though because the game was already out for a while when i started to play. But then out of nowhere Red picked up the reins again and made a huge update that changed the game completely. How lucky are we that we still get content packed updates from a game that was released way back in 2011. I thank Red, Cenx and the rest of the Relogic team for being so kind to us and for you guys to continue to give us free updates and content. I would like to hope that other developers take a note out of your book of how a game is supposed to be maintained, updated and taken care of after it's release. I don't frequent much in the forums but i do like to come by and check out the progress on occasion and i love what i'm seeing from you guys. If you can keep a 31 year old poor painter like me entertained for hours on end then you're definitely doing something right. Happy holidays to all.

EDIT: I believe that chat bar was in singleplayer, good to know
Might be because the developer version they (the devs and the testers) use has that bar for cheat test commands like setting the time among other stuff, as seen here.
And since it's the same chat bar as in Multiplayer I guess they can use it to chat to. Helpful if they happen to be lonely - just kidding.

Guys who track 1.3 spoilers constantly, is there any reason at all to expect that 1.3 may come out in 2014? Or we already know that the release date somewhere will be in 2015?

Sorry for another "Are we there yet?" question, but my Terraria-obsessed little sister is visiting me for Christmas, and if it's even remotely likely for 1.3 to happen this December, I'd like to wait and surprise her with the new content. But I haven't been tracking the forums myself to know if 1.3 in 2014 is even a possibility at this point, and that's the only reason I'm asking.

Is there any reason at all to expect that 1.3 may come out in 2014? Or we already know that the release date somewhere will be in 2015?
No to 2014, yes to 2015.
Cenx on her profile said:
The update will be done no sooner than 1 month from now and no longer than 1 year from now. Stop asking. :p

Here is that spoiler I mentioned earlier... enjoy. :dryadgrin:

Edit: Weapons shown in this spoiler have NOT been balanced!

[snip]

[Not bothering to read the rest of the thread, six pages be damned]

So what I see is the:
-meowmere, the laser machinegun, and some armor which were already shown in the previous spoiler [200 melee damage? Holy balls],
-some sort of technicolor campfire [possibly crafted with the disco ball or rainbow bricks?],
-linking items in chat [like in Diablo or Path of Exile],
-planters for shiverthorn and deathweed [I'm assuming they're like automatic plant pots, or a type of grass that only grows that one plant? It's most likely there will be a planter type for all the other alchemy plants, and I'm going to assume that these can be crafted from dirt/mud/clay and a handful of the flowers or their seeds in mind],
-some type of dummy [possibly can be dressed up like mannequins to make scarecrow type things, or maybe they can be "attacked" like practice dummies, there may be a small chance they may be involved with summoning a boss somehow],
-a wee icon of a box with two arrows [all I can come up with is maybe quick depositing/quick looting from chests? Something to do with chests or the inventory, I'm sure.]

There may be some people who already said what I just said, I'll check after posting and make edits.
[edit: yes, there was. Pretty much at least two thirds of what I just said has already been said. Ehh, whatever.]

Meowmere = 200dmg?

Okay, Cenx DID mention that the weapons aren't balanced, so I guess it won't be THAT strong when the update is released, but if that was the level of damage that Relogic decided was good for the Meowmere when giving it something similiar to it's tier, ti gives us a kind of better view at what sort of strenght level the "space tier" will be placed on, which is pretty cool.

Also, I wanna know what that Imbuing Flask is. I realize it's new, I'm just stating my curiosity. Looks like it could be a Flask of Blood. :D

Meowmere = 200dmg?

Okay, Cenx DID mention that the weapons aren't balanced, so I guess it won't be THAT strong when the update is released, but if that was the level of damage that Relogic decided was good for the Meowmere when giving it something similiar to it's tier, ti gives us a kind of better view at what sort of strenght level the "space tier" will be placed on, which is pretty cool.

Also, I wanna know what that Imbuing Flask is. I realize it's new, I'm just stating my curiosity. Looks like it could be a Flask of Blood. :D
I believe the flask is a Red potion, though I have no idea why they would show it here. As for the stats on the Meowmere, I imagine they didn't balance it around anything and just gave it 200 damage for lols.

You can put items in your chat? Oh, I fear how some people will use that.
More importantly, THERE'S A LASER MACHINEGUN!!!! The rainbow campfire is a real nice touch, too. I can see that being a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom