IC A Tale of Two Countries (IC)

"Anyway, we'll go ahead and set up the room we're staying in..."
*Ink heads up to the room they're staying in, followed by his family.*

Fluttershy attempts to approach Blake. "Uhm, it's okay? Just... I still wish my friends still lived..." It's clear that Fluttershy's trauma seems to be less recent than Blake's.

And Verys just follows 8-Ball. "So, we're there, I guess."

Verys sighs. "With you. You remind me of him, but more rational. Perhaps even the Retribution I knew he could be without that corporation breaking him apart."

It seems like the reach of Grimm territory is leaking through the areas with most warfare having happened, so EXROB territories, former Changeling territories, some are swimming to Phobos, and some are going to former Eternia Cult.

"What? No, I'm not like him. He was a highly dysfunctional ex-convict who somehow managed to survive with the help of many allies and pure luck, and died for a stupid reason."

"WE COULD'VE SENT SOMEONE MORE EXPENDABLE! WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE PEOPLE HERE JUST DEFAULT TO SELF-SACRIFICE WHEN THERE'S INFINITELY BETTER SOLUTIONS?"

"Because we're not Arceus', we're not deities that can do everything." Verys bluntly replies. "Listen, Eight. Yes, I'd too prefer Retribution didn't send himself,but at least I'm glad he took revenge both for me and for himself. Besides, I saw suicides. Would you say they're also just 'default' where there's the same better solutions? The problem is, the 'expendable' one could have a family too, anyone who could care about him. Or even their beliefs. The only one who could've not cared about dying and would be the most expendable, in fact, would probably be the one-" Verys grips his head in pain. "Retribution there. For some reason I'm now sharing Verys' body now." It goes back to original. "Okay, how did he come into my body? Why would I have... two souls? What curse did Darkrai send me now? This isn't a curse, just Io fell asleep when she was ready to revive me again, for- I feel like I forgot my military mannerisms now. Yeah, right. And you had to use my body for that... grh, this is going to be hard." Verys/Retribution duo in Verys body are looking at Eight now.

"Eight, because- Eight, damnit, look, I'm back, do not cry about the death. I can come back, just like how you said. Different results. I know you'd rather use my mouth for that, Ret, but please don't interrupt me. Anyway, just find a thing keeping you alive and guard it well."

"...Then just find an actual body, instead of hijacking some New Age f-
*They'd stop themselves short of finishing that sentence*

It seems like the reach of Grimm territory is leaking through the areas with most warfare having happened, so EXROB territories, former Changeling territories, some are swimming to Phobos, and some are going to former Eternia Cult.
*The Eternia Cult area is in near ruins. The once powerful city is now beginning to fall apart after the damage done by the final battle.*

There's a problem. Neither Retribution or Verys know about any way how to put Retribution into a new body. And it was clearly Io that made Retribution hijack Verys' body.
(Maybe they could seek out Lunan? After all, with all the magic Lunan knows, he could probably do something.)

"All right, so I somehow need to put Retribution within me into his own body. Preferably a non-powered human one." Verys would count the choices. Changing Flask was missing, Lunan could do, but he wasn't sure if he knew about soul magic. Arceus could listen to a prayer, but why would he not intervene against Eternia Cult then. Then Verys starts looking for Lunan, resigned.

"Sorry to interject, but I couldn't help but to overhear your conversation."
*Lunan approaches from the shadows.*
"Terra magic from Terra Crystals and Shards can recreate a body of a soul. Problem is, finding a Terra shard is hard enough, and they can only bring a person back for a limited amount of time. But a Terra Crystal can bring someone back completely, but can only do it once, and Terra Crystals are very, very rare."

Back
Top Bottom