Other A Way to Disable the SFX of Announcement Box Messages

Leaffen

Plantera
As someone who is using announcement boxes for a dynamically updating HUD in a game I'm working on inside of Terraria, the constant clicking of the new chat messages annoys me to no end, and would probably annoy any players as well. The announcements get activated multiple times a second, so they can update immediately whenever changes are made to your stats, and every single time one is activated, a ticking sound is played for the new message. This is grating to anyone's ears.

I suggest some way to disable the new message sfx, by maybe a toggle in the announcement box's message edit menu, or by using a tag at the start of the message, so you can send any message silently, even outside of an announcement box. This would also allow announcement box animations in chat to not have any grating clicking noise associated with them!

I would disable the noise via a resource pack, but I believe it's shared between multiple objects, and I don't want to disable the noise for every single thing that's associated with it.

And if this catches anyone's eyes, I would also love Oasis Rubble (The bushes and cacti in the Oasis, along with their evil/hallow variants.) to be placeable by the Rubblemaker, I really need those for the game's aesthetic (Especially the Crimson Oasis Eye bushes and the big flowering Oasis bushes.), and I'd love them for just general building as well. It's so sad they're the only bushes not able to be placed in the game. :(

I mean, sure, but at the same time, I don't think this is a problem most people have. In a way, it's sort of your own fault.

Edit: I have since been informed that a) this problem is more widespread than I had previously reckoned, and b) my statement was pretty rude. I rescind my remark, and I now support this suggestion.

Last edited:
It'd actually be really nice to extend this to all chat messages. Sure, the audible tick when a couple real messages arrive is nice, but when you're on a large server, or if you're using debug commands while developing a mod, hearing a tick *every frame* is ridiculously annoying, and sometimes you need to be able to hear sound through that, not just mute it all. So yeah, I fully support adding some kind of toggle for the chat message tick sound in like the sound tab of the settings menu or something.

Back
Top Bottom