IC Abyssal Grotto (IC)

Garry Eldwings
(artificial 1 (2, -1 from curse)
However, the katana still grazes the trainer's arm as they disastrously dodge in the way. It draws some blood, but ends up making him absolutely do some :red:ing headstab with a knife (What are the odds of another nat-20? Because I got another. 20, cannot be affected by curse)
"Grrh... disaster indeed, for you. Good night anyway, six feet under, you bird-hurting coward."
(18) It stabs directly into his helmet, which... ...doesn't faze him much...
"Oh dear."
Daice has just been blankly staring this entire time.

He calmly steps towards the purple astronaut, shining his flashlight down them to assess them.

And almost as if given a blessing by the gods. He reaches with his revolver into his coat pocket, pulling it out.. the revolver now a good 10 times larger, but only in the barrel and cylinder.

He then aims it down at them and fires, the ground rumbling as the bullet, probably the size of cannonball, is fired at the astronaut's head.

Whatever is left would then catch on fire after a few seconds.

He then puts the revolver into his pocket and draws it out, normal size again.

He goes back to watching.
The purple astronaut's head is gone now, and there are just sparking wires and other mechanical parts coming from the neck.
The red one is just lying there sparking as well.

The blue one pulls the knife out of his helmet and looks at the other two.
"...As you can see... the 'U' stands for 'unmanned'..."
He tosses the knife on the ground.
"Well... can't win them all I suppose..."
He would shove Garry away (9) and then dramatically set off a smoke bomb to block the group's vision.

(18) It stabs directly into his helmet, which... ...doesn't faze him much...
"Oh dear."

The purple astronaut's head is gone now, and there are just sparking wires and other mechanical parts coming from the neck.
The red one is just lying there sparking as well.

The blue one pulls the knife out of his helmet and looks at the other two.
"...As you can see... the 'U' stands for 'unmanned'..."
He tosses the knife on the ground.
"Well... can't win them all I suppose..."
He would shove Garry away (9) and then dramatically set off a smoke bomb to block the group's vision.
Daice would pull an actual revolver out of his coat pocket and attempt to shoot him. (12)

He then puts it away into the pocket. (It will never be mentioned again)

Garry Eldwings

(11 (12, -1 curse))
Actually shoving Garry off might actually be an issue, they're too keen on making them pay. Might be a reason why Garry tries to tether him, at least if not to finish them off, then to snatch the katana (4 (5, -1 from curse))

Daice would pull an actual revolver out of his coat pocket and attempt to shoot him. (12)

He then puts it away into the pocket. (It will never be mentioned again)
Garry Eldwings

(11 (12, -1 curse))
Actually shoving Garry off might actually be an issue, they're too keen on making them pay. Might be a reason why Garry tries to tether him, at least if not to finish them off, then to snatch the katana (4 (5, -1 from curse))
(19 to both, somehow) He avoids them easily, and a few seconds later would be seen launching out of the smoke cloud into the distance carrying the other squad members.

The alien tries to take them down with its beetle, but the beetle is too slow.

Garry Eldwings

The mafioso assesses the situation, the aftermath, after a cough and probably after the smoke fades out, as in the things that are lying on the ground.
"That's fine too, run away. It only delays the inevitable." He throws one last threat at the Abyss Squad U, before looking at everyone.
"Is Trusty alright? Probably gonna extend that question to everyone."

Last edited:
The fang-jaw sits down at the side of the road and holds its beetle.

Surely after having been rescued not once, but twice, the creature would have warmed up to the group?

Garry Eldwings

He just sighs and shakes their head. "Nonsense. We'll get rid of them if they ever try to mess with us again."
Then he gives the fang-jaw a smile. Trusty... still isn't happy with a beetle, begrudgingly cawing at its direction, but it has a worse enemy now, one that might not be here at that time, but one that hurt it.

Garry Eldwings

Trusty playfully pecks Syni once, cawing pretty happily in an 'unspoken' thanks for the help, whereas Garry, seeing his own attempt at attacking blue be foiled, sighs and looks at the red for a moment. They plan to do some sort of a stab, and so they pick up their knife, and attempt his very best to slit the red's throat, if not distract the gunner. (8 (9, -1 from you know what))
Syni nods towards them.
"...you're welcome."

Syni then, unsure of what to do, sort of ends up watching the rest of the battle unfold...

<...unmanned...?>
<...what odd constructs...>

Syni then walks back out into the open, 5 shards orbiting her.
"...ALRIGHT. ALRIGHT."
Syni looks around at the group.
"WHO'S HURT?"

Garry Eldwings

They don't call, but their arm bleeds a bit. Not much, and there might be some burn marks from the scars.
They pick up the knife and put it back in the bag.

Garry Eldwings

They don't call, but their arm bleeds a bit. Not much, and there might be some burn marks from the scars.
They pick up the knife and put it back in the bag.
Syni walks over to them first, inspecting them and seeing their wounds.
"...ok. Nothing too bad..."
"Two shards..."

Two of her shards point at Garry's bleeding arm and the burn marks, running into them painlessly as the healing process is begun, to finish in a couple of seconds.

Syni then looks at Daice.
Daice just kinda stares at everyone.

"We're going to :red:ing die here."
"...well, don't let yourself get roughed up too badly too easily and I can at least delay that, Daice."

Syni then looks at Daice.

"...well, don't let yourself get roughed up too badly too easily and I can at least delay that, Daice."
Daice walks over, squatting down.

His voice has a tone of madness to it.

"You listen to me.."

"If we run into a group of hostile people every 20 goddamn steps we take.. it won't be long at all before we can't keep doing this anymore.. one of them is bound to be stronger than us eventually."

"Just take a look at our new friend.. what happens if we meet a group of him twice our size..? We.. we need to escape.."

He stands up.

"Has NOBODY thought of how the hell we can get out of this place?"

"I am sure we have all attempted to locate an exit. From my limited analysis, I have determined we may have been teleported by space-time fluctuations, given our unexpected arrival, meaning ways to interface with alternate dimensions could exist within this cave network. In other words, we must find a way to traverse dimensions,"
(apologies if this seems metagame-ey, but this seems like the most logical response from XR)

XR-705 holsters their sidearm, making sure they're relatively safe.
"In order to find an exit, we must maintain composure and work together. We will find a way out, but engagements with hostile entities are no doubt inevitable. We must train our combat skills and be prepared,"

Syni nods towards them.
"...you're welcome."

Syni then, unsure of what to do, sort of ends up watching the rest of the battle unfold...

<...unmanned...?>
<...what odd constructs...>

Syni then walks back out into the open, 5 shards orbiting her.
"...ALRIGHT. ALRIGHT."
Syni looks around at the group.
"WHO'S HURT?"
Despite having been electrocuted, Haunter seems pretty alright.

Cofagrigus, meanwhile, is still angry about losing his hand.

Garry Eldwings

While the wounds heal relatively quickly, Syni might be able to pick up something strange inside Garry's body, like a sensation or feeling.

As for Garry, he's obviously looking in Daice to tell them that he's on the same page.
"Yea, yea, I know, we all know, and I'm trying my best to find a way out, it's just that we don't even know the layout at all!"

Syni wraps up her inspection, meanwhile, noting Essentia, XR, William, and Daice seeming unharmed.
Syni subtly notes the Haunter as well, before looking at the Cofagrigus, more confused at how much of a non-reaction - to her, at least - they're having regarding their missing hand, or the fact they aren't bleeding at all.

Daice walks over, squatting down.

His voice has a tone of madness to it.

"You listen to me.."

"If we run into a group of hostile people every 20 goddamn steps we take.. it won't be long at all before we can't keep doing this anymore.. one of them is bound to be stronger than us eventually."

"Just take a look at our new friend.. what happens if we meet a group of him twice our size..? We.. we need to escape.."

He stands up.

"Has NOBODY thought of how the hell we can get out of this place?"
Syni just stares, silently.
"...up."
Syni trots about a bit, looking up at the distant ceiling (presumably).
"I don't know these caves, but if it's anything like my home, where there's a way up, there's a path to the upper levels, to the surface."
Syni smiles a smile that's out of place.
"...simple!"

Syni then looks back at Daice.
"...positivity."
"Everything always falls apart when people get too worried or mopey or..."

Syni pauses, unsure, flickers of worry flashing on her face for an instant, before looking up at Daice again.
"...just. Come on; we can do this!"

"I am sure we have all attempted to locate an exit. From my limited analysis, I have determined we may have been teleported by space-time fluctuations, given our unexpected arrival, meaning ways to interface with alternate dimensions could exist within this cave network. In other words, we must find a way to traverse dimensions,"
(apologies if this seems metagame-ey, but this seems like the most logical response from XR)

XR-705 holsters their sidearm, making sure they're relatively safe.
"In order to find an exit, we must maintain composure and work together. We will find a way out, but engagements with hostile entities are no doubt inevitable. We must train our combat skills and be prepared,"
Syni also glances at them as well.
"...also, what you said, I guess."
"Though I'm pretty sure this whole "dimension traversing" is way too high human-tech to be a reasonable goal for us."

Back
Top Bottom