Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
(Sorry for my English) I tried making a Better Spanish translation pack, but the accent marks got bugged and replaced with "*" but, the "vanilla" Spanish translation does have accent marks, and all of the accent marks got bugged, even the oned i didn't edit, like the menu ones.
As an extra, Chinese/Japanese/Etc. letters from the language selection menu also get bugged and get replaced with "?" while my translation pack is active.

Can you please upload the localization file you are trying to use? I've been asking you about the marks in question, but you haven't been responding to the inquiries as needed.

If you send the pack or the text file itself, I can look into it and see if I can repro.

Here, an example of the bugged accent marks is "á", you will notice as soon you look at the menu after enabling it

Attachments

• ESP_ZERO.zip
    272.9 KB · Views: 90
Alright, I've reproduced the issue, but I can't identify the cause of it right now, so we'll continue to investigate this today.

For the record, I tried pasting some of the faulty text (Atrás from the main menu was perfect) into a smaller replacement csv, and it worked fine, and didn't cause the issues with Chinese/Russian characters. But in your csv, it did not. So we're going to try to figure out what is going on there, whether its a formatting issue in the csv, or a more large scale bug.

Okay, Yorai tracked down the issue, its a file format issue.

According to him, your csv file was in the ANSI format, while you needed to use UTF-8.

1617213240511.png

Admittedly, this might need to be added to the guide as a limitation, but I was unaware of this until now, so we'll discuss whether it should be incorporated.

Back
Top Bottom