NPCs & Enemies Add certain creatures to the Lifeform Analyzer

sharkman0101

Spazmatism
As you all should know, many rare and elusive things exist in the world of Terraria. Some are hard to find, but the Lifeform Analyzer can aid in that! (Though the buggers usually despawn, so I drink a hunter potion to help me find rare enemies that sit there like a duck. Other rare enemies such as the mini bosses aren't as much of a problem, but they should be added anyways.)

It's no surprise that quite a few creatures that are especially rare and as suspected, this item(or similar accessories) can help you find them. However, there are some creatures that are in fact, rare, but don't seem to appear on the Lifeform Analyzer. Here is a list of some creatures(or NPCs):

Voodoo Demon
Skeleton Merchant
Undead Miner (Not an important enemy, but still rare nonetheless.)
Mothron (Sure, as soon as it spawns, it shoots at you at the speed of light, but it could help signify that one spawns so you can be ready for it instead of getting a heart attack from a surprise bug attack.)
Present Mimic (Unless I'm mistaken, they don't seem to appear on the analyzer even though they are a Mimic, checked the wiki and I don't remember them popping up anyways.)
Medusa and Granite Elemental (The world can only have 1 of each at a time, so it can be seen as a rare enemy.)
Invasion Mini Bosses (Goblin Sorcerer and Pirate Captain. The Martian Saucer and Flying Dutchman both have minimap icons, so it signifies a boss moreso than a rare enemy, but they could be added too if called for.)

Adding these creatures would be a major help in finding them, and can help in being a warning sign for some strong rare enemies that show up. It's more surprising that the Voodoo Demon and Skeleton Merchant don't show up, even though they are not so easy to find. If the Goblin Scout and Bound NPCs appear on it, why not those two? The other creatures are mentioned are not as big of a deal, but could be convienient.

That's it for now, not a major suggestion but it covers a topic I feel that needed to be addressed. I know some people already mentioned it for the Skeleton Merchant(I checked with the search feature), but I believe all these enemies should be added. Thoughts?

I fully support this idea. The numbers of times i got surprise-stoned by an medusa in the dark enrages me.

Other than the Skeleton Merchant, I sadly must admit that I don't really support this. To me, the surprisal of Mothron or Medusa is simply a part of the game. The pirate captain is an expexted enemy in the pirate invasion, so it doesn't really need one. Also, the other mimics are not labeled so the present one doesn't really need to, either.

And how exactly does that justify why they shouldn't appear? A Gold Bunny certainly is surprising, and it still appears on the analyzer because it's not just a matter of finding out whether that creature exists, it is supposed to be a utility people can use to their benefit. Just because a creature may be surprising or expected, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the analyzer in the first place. If surprising, powerful enemies like the Rune Wizard appear in the analyzer, then that doesn't back up why they shouldn't be added. But I'm not one to judge you on your preferences for the Lifeform Analyzer, I just wish for these to be added so the Lifeform Analyzer can be a better tool for everyone. Thanks for your critism!

also: I put Present Mimic doesn't appear in the Lifeform Analyzer, I'm not saying it should pop up as "Present Mimic"(even though the powerful biome mimics do that), I just said it should at least appear as a "Mimic" in the analyzer because it doesn't appear it the analyzer(unless I'm mistaken, can anyone clarify that?), despite being a Mimic.

And how exactly does that justify why they shouldn't appear? A Gold Bunny certainly is surprising, and it still appears on the analyzer because it's not just a matter of finding out whether that creature exists, it is supposed to be a utility people can use to their benefit. Just because a creature may be surprising or expected, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the analyzer in the first place. If surprising, powerful enemies like the Rune Wizard appear in the analyzer, then that doesn't back up why they shouldn't be added. But I'm not one to judge you on your preferences for the Lifeform Analyzer, I just wish for these to be added so the Lifeform Analyzer can be a better tool for everyone. Thanks for your critism!

also: I put Present Mimic doesn't appear in the Lifeform Analyzer, I'm not saying it should pop up as "Present Mimic"(even though the powerful biome mimics do that), I just said it should at least appear as a "Mimic" in the analyzer because it doesn't appear it the analyzer(unless I'm mistaken, can anyone clarify that?), despite being a Mimic.
Yeah, it certainly does come down to preference. I enjoy the suddeness of being turned to stone. To me, it adds to the game.

Back
Top Bottom