Other Adding multiple mouse button support

Zetta31

Empress of Light
Some PC gamers have a mouse that has more than the usual 3 mouse buttons, with them usually on the side where the thumb is positioned (technically scrolling up and down also count as "buttons", but we'll ignore that).
g600-gaming-mouse-images.png
Some games have the ability to bind actions to these buttons, which allow for easy access to the action. For example, in Borderlands 2, I have the grenade button set to my 5th mouse button, which makes it much easier than pressing the G key, which can be a bit awkward to press in the heat of battle, where I might accidentally press something else. Since there are so many hotkeys in Terraria for the different actions that are required, keeping them all in a comfortable location can be irritating, so adding the support of extra mouse buttons will hopefully make it more convenient to keep the quick access buttons in better places. I personally would like to use one of them for easy mana potions, as I can't find a key that I can comfortably use to bind it to.

There are programs that can allow you to bind the buttons to certain keys, which wouold allow you to theoretically bind actions to keys, but that requires downloading and running an exterior program at the same time, which some people may not be happy with.

I support this, as I have two extra buttons I could use to Quick Heal myself or Grapple instead of binding it to Q or E.

Totally for this as it's my biggest control problem as of late. Having my hook equipped to my mouse versus my shift key would make talking to Steam friend less of a pain

I have the same mouse, but I never had a problem with it. There's an official software that binds the keys and such, some people may not like using external programs but I mean it's official so there isn't any problem at all.
I use the buttons for changing weapons.

I have the same mouse, but I never had a problem with it. There's an official software that binds the keys and such, some people may not like using external programs but I mean it's official so there isn't any problem at all.
I use the buttons for changing weapons.
Do you have a link to such software? It would be much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom