Items Additional reforging option

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title is self explanatory, however I will expand upon it below.

Reforging workbench (other names are welcome)

1 workbench
1 anvil
1 furnace
3 iron or lead
6 wood

Created at a sawmill

It allows you to reforge weapons without using money. Now before you say that it is overpowered I will tell you what it does use. It uses 25% of the materials used in the initial creation of the weapon/tool rounded up.

Now you may be thinking about the items that only use a low amount of items, well it doesn't reduce resource amounts lower than one. Trying to reforge the terra blade would take all of the same materials as creating a new one so it cannot be reforged in this manner. Items such as the candy corn rifle and starfury cannot be made so they also cannot be reforged in this manner.

It also will allow you to reforge a couple accessories (mostly wings) so getting a warding obsidian skull would be easy (5 obsidian per reforge)

What are your thoughts on this matter? (Please have a different name ready for the item, I am not that creative)

Last edited:
No. Hell no. The Goblin is a greedy troll but this is just making it even worse. It is OP if you don't use money. In the way which you said it uses 25% of the materials used is largely unnecessary, because weapons sometimes don't have 4 or more materials, and what if it's RNG? I know that you explained that part but that just makes it more OP.
divider.png

Mana_Crystal.png
Only one star.

Reforging a gold broadsword will cost 3 gold bars while reforging an optic staff will take one black lens, one lens, 3 hallowed bars, and 5 souls of sight. A good prefix is not guaranteed by any means so where is my error?

I'm just saying that your way is not a good alternative for reforging, all you're doing is just throwing materials at it hoping for it to do better. It seems to me a repairing method almost.

Upon creating an item it can get a prefix if I recall correctly, instead of just making a new item you use the materials from the old weapon and some more.

uhm... no. Its way to complicated. It only applies well for ore-tiered swords and other basic craft able weapons. There are tons of valuable drop weapons that won't work this way at all.

I like this, but there's a big problem with it: it fluctuates.

For example, for the Gold Broadsword, it's not gonna be a big deal. You have gold.

But for something like the Optic Staff - maybe one or two reforges per hour of grinding. It is highly variable, and I'm honestly going to stick with the Tinkerer here.

The thing with proposing alternate ways to do things is that it has to be balanced, so it's a toss-up who chooses what - and then it's redundant.

Nay man, naaaaaaaaay,

just make it a placeable alternative of the goblin tinkerer. because this would be the worst item in the game if it was added

The tinkerer still has a use, he can reforge items that cannot be crafted. This is meant more for the early game people who don't have a lot of savings built up or people with an overabundance of materials. One of the complaints repeated in the thread about removing bad prefixes was that you hace to wait until the goblin arrives and then spend a significant amount of money.

Also how would this be the worst item in the game? Is is unbalanced at this state but really the worst?

The tinkerer still has a use, he can reforge items that cannot be crafted. This is meant more for the early game people who don't have a lot of savings built up or people with an overabundance of materials. One of the complaints repeated in the thread about removing bad prefixes was that you hace to wait until the goblin arrives and then spend a significant amount of money.

Also how would this be the worst item in the game? Is is unbalanced at this state but really the worst?
This can't work you're simply just putting a thick line between two different types of weapons. Weapons are weapons and they should be treated the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom