• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC After a power outage, my terraria world got corrupted.

eloas3

Terrarian
The title says it all. Please, how do I fix this? I don't want to play the game all over again.
Yes, my character is fine.
Going into the world crashes terraria.

Attachments

Gotcha!

Pumpking
Not sure if it can be salvaged, but you can try this:
- Go to this folder:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds
Your world file should be in here, and there should also be a duplicate file, except it has a .bak extension.
So you have a file named <your world>.wld and a file named <your world>.wld.bak.

If you can't see file extensions, click View in the file explorer, and enable "File Name Extensions" (Windows 10), or click View -> Folder Options and find Enable File Name Extensions somewhere in this window (previous Windows versions).

Now, read this well:
- Remove the world file that has no .bak extension (just put it into your recycle bin)
- ReNAME the world file with the .bak extension to <world name>.wld.

Try if it loads.

If it doesn't, or if you don't have a .bak file here, then I'm afraid your world is lost.

I recommend making manual backups once in a while.

eloas3

Terrarian
Not sure if it can be salvaged, but you can try this:
- Go to this folder:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds
Your world file should be in here, and there should also be a duplicate file, except it has a .bak extension.
So you have a file named <your world>.wld and a file named <your world>.wld.bak.

If you can't see file extensions, click View in the file explorer, and enable "File Name Extensions" (Windows 10), or click View -> Folder Options and find Enable File Name Extensions somewhere in this window (previous Windows versions).

Now, read this well:
- Remove the world file that has no .bak extension (just put it into your recycle bin)
- ReNAME the world file with the .bak extension to <world name>.wld.

Try if it loads.

If it doesn't, or if you don't have a .bak file here, then I'm afraid your world is lost.

I recommend making manual backups once in a while.
Didn't load, still crashes and it got renamed to "2.wld" but still, thanks for your time.

Top Bottom