TCF Suggestion Alert Sound Indicator

zimberzimber

Terrarian
You know how Facebook has that *bling* whenever you receive a message?
I though it could be a nice addition to TCF having a sound to alert you that you just got an alert or an inbox message.

Of course it should be toggleable.
If it cannot be toggleable, it shouldn't be implemented because it will annoy people who dislike alerts giving a sound.

If possible, maybe also allow users to chose a custom sound which they can upload.

Thoughts? Complains? "thats-imossible-code-wise"? :p

Last edited:
You always get a message regarding that while messing around, but if you didn't see it this may be helpful.

I like the idea of having an alert sound, especially when I'm doing something in another program. Otherwise, I have to keep checking in case I've got a notification, but if there was an alert sound, I wouldn't have to keep checking every now and then.

As long as the alert sound could be toggled off and on, I don't see how it could be a problem. c:

You could always set your alerts to give you emails, then have your email give you sound when you receive a new email.

You could always set your alerts to give you emails, then have your email give you sound when you receive a new email.
And that would require running extra tabs/apps. I think zimber proposed the idea in the hope that only this site would be needed?

I can't say one way or the other with this. Not really something I would use.

My email provider doesn't make any sounds when receiving emails.
What if you set the email up with your phone? I do that with my emails, although sometimes it's very delayed and some of them don't even come through unless I refresh it.

What if you set the email up with your phone? I do that with my emails, although sometimes it's very delayed and some of them don't even come through unless I refresh it.
This
largee1200black.jpg

Is my phone. (I'm not joking, although mine is white)

You could set up Microsoft Outlook or other email viewing software that does use sounds and attach your email.
It's an option, yes.
But what I am asking if its possible to attach such a feature directly to the site, if no then just say so.

This
largee1200black.jpg

Is my phone. (I'm not joking, although mine is white)

It's an option, yes.
But what I am asking if its possible to attach such a feature directly to the site, if no then just say so.
You know, I highly doubt you'd benefit from the alert sound if that's your main TCF connection.

Back
Top Bottom