Game Mechanics Allow incomplete crafts of bulk items

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Many a time I'll be building with items crafted in bulk, like gemspark blocks, but I'll have something like 18 glass blocks and a gem left over! I could go through my chests or run on over to the desert for more glass, but I'm lazy and that's too much of a hassle for me. If I had 3 glass left over, I'd probably be more willing to get more, but with 18 out of 20, I feel I should be able to craft, simply for convenience. The idea here is to allow us to craft incomplete amounts of bulk items.

Other examples:
  • 23 glow sticks and 5 gel crafts into 20 sticky glow sticks with 3 left over. Clicking again would make those last 3 sticky.
  • 31 ebonstone blocks and 7 demonite ore crafts into 30 demonite bricks with some left over. As demonite is easily renewable, you might decide crafting the ebonstone and demonite into 1 demonite brick is worth it.
  • One cursed flame and 25 torches could be crafted into 25 cursed torches instead of needing 33, etc, etc.

To prevent unwanted crafts with loss of material, holding right click would automatically craft like normal until the final craft, where you would need to click again to confirm your approval of the loss of material.

For the cost of more convenient crafting, you will miss out on potential crafted items. This loss isn't that significant if you almost have enough for a full craft. If you don't find it worth it, you could go out and gather the remaining materials just as how it is now.

Thread ported over from TO.

Something's missing.. oh right, I usually put in sprites.:cool::dryadcool: This suggestion now has sprites. Thanks for reading!

Normally, I would support this. However, due to the way the crafting engine works, this would probably require a large overhaul, and as such be incredibly tedious to implement. On the other hand, I may be mistaken, in which case, this is a very practical idea, and would fit very well into the game.

Back
Top Bottom