Xbox 360 Amber Mosquito won't summon Baby Dinosaur

Grand Paladin Tyrux

Empress of Light
Hey guys! I've recently found a bug after updating my game. When I updated, my character had the Baby Dinosaur pet summoned. When I rejoined, my dinosaur buff was gone, and instead I had the buff that gives you the Baby Grinch, however it wasn't there, and it had a 5 minute timer on it. Now, even with the grinch buff gone, using the Mosquito makes the crunching sound, but no baby dinosaur appears. However, when someone else plays with me on the same console and I give them the Mosquito, they can summon the dinosaur just fine. I've tried logging out with it in a chest, picking it up again, giving it to other players, nothing seems to work.

Well it looks like we've found the source of the baby grinch bug! Have you tried backing up your saves (I suggest without any buffs) and then reinstalling Terraria?

I suddenly couldn't use my Tiki Totem, a few days ago. It would make the crunching noise upon use, but nothing would appear/activate. I tried dropping it, storing it (then leaving), and giving it to another player, but the issue continued... until I summoned a different pet. (Shadow Orb, in my case.) After that, I could successfully summon the Tiki Spirit again. So, maybe summon a different pet first, then try to summon the bugged one? :happy:

(Strangely, the Tiki Spirit doesn't float directly above me anymore. It floats to the top-left of me, and doesn't switch sides when I turn. Irrelevant to this thread, but still.)

I suddenly couldn't use my Tiki Totem, a few days ago. It would make the crunching noise upon use, but nothing would appear/activate. I tried dropping it, storing it (then leaving), and giving it to another player, but the issue continued... until I summoned a different pet. (Shadow Orb, in my case.) After that, I could successfully summon the Tiki Spirit again. So, maybe summon a different pet first, then try to summon the bugged one? :happy:

(Strangely, the Tiki Spirit doesn't float directly above me anymore. It floats to the top-left of me, and doesn't switch sides when I turn. Irrelevant to this thread, but still.)
Nope, I've tried this with my Shadow Orb, doesn't seem to work.

My husband has been having the same problem with the baby dinosaur. He tries to summon it and it only makes a sound, nothing else happens.

Back
Top Bottom