Mobile Amount of Mobile Data Usage When Playing on Cloud Save

iamjessebrewer

Terrarian
I am temporarily without wifi and trying to budget my data usage. Obviously the cloud save feature uses data to load and save the character and world and I believe the game auto saves while playing. I'm wondering if anyone knows how extensive this data usage is. If it's negligible I don't mind playing but if it's chewing through the Mbs, I'll hold off for a while.

I am temporarily without wifi and trying to budget my data usage. Obviously the cloud save feature uses data to load and save the character and world and I believe the game auto saves while playing. I'm wondering if anyone knows how extensive this data usage is. If it's negligible I don't mind playing but if it's chewing through the Mbs, I'll hold off for a while.
I'm not sure. Perhaps you can look in your settings of the device, make a note of what data usage you are currently at, then play for 5 minutes, and go back in to see what your data usage is then at? That'll give you an idea of how much is used for a short session of gameplay.

Solid advice. Thanks Unit One. I should also have mentioned I have multiplayer host switched to off.
You have to remember to turn that off every time tho, and it needs to save The setting as off. Now, to avoid using it, just copy your save to local, and play in local, update the cloud version at your own will

Cloud saves will probably eat your data up if they constantly save, do as they say and monitor it, it may be wiser to not use it on data and just turn data off when you play

Back
Top Bottom