Sprites An option to prevent NPCs from moving into a particular house.

Skel

Official Terrarian
Right now if you want to make a house without an NPC you either need:

To not include a table or a chair.
Have every available npc already moved in.
Be ready to evict an NPC.

This is especially annoying because you may also not want certain npcs living in certain houses. Lets say the Merchant dies and you now have an empty gold-plated home, you pretty much have to remove furniture if you dont want say, the dye trader to drop on in.

I think that having an infinite use "npc" banner that simply blocks an npc from attempting to live there is an interesting option:

upload_2017-6-22_11-44-18.png

(The transparency broke btw, paint.net hates me)
So now when you want either a house that for some reason you dont want npcs to move into. Now you have the option. Simply click the "Ø" and click the house you want to not be eligible for living in. This adds a similar "NPC Banner" in the room, only with a "Ø". When you want NPCs to move in, click the "Ø" button again and click the house or right click the house banner.

Reasons why this should be added: No more Merchants moving into certain houses in Adventure Maps and now you can finally have your own home not shared by the Painter.​

Right now if you want to make a house without an NPC you either need:

To not include a table or a chair.
Have every available npc already moved in.
Be ready to evict an NPC.

This is especially annoying because you may also not want certain npcs living in certain houses. Lets say the Merchant dies and you now have an empty gold-plated home, you pretty much have to remove furniture if you dont want say, the dye trader to drop on in.

I think that having an infinite use "npc" banner that simply blocks an npc from attempting to live there is an interesting option:

(The transparency broke btw, paint.net hates me)
So now when you want either a house that for some reason you dont want npcs to move into. Now you have the option. Simply click the "Ø" and click the house you want to not be eligible for living in. This adds a similar "NPC Banner" in the room, only with a "Ø". When you want NPCs to move in, click the "Ø" button again and click the house or right click the house banner.

Reasons why this should be added: No more Merchants moving into certain houses in Adventure Maps and now you can finally have your own home not shared by the Painter.​
Is this a suggestion for Mobile/Console? Because as far as I know, they recently updated housings so that if you assigned a housing to a specific NPC, no other NPC will move into that housing until the 'owner' respawns.

Granted, won't stop NPCs from moving into houses you intend to be vacant, but that can be combated by just adding new houses for those.

Is this a suggestion for Mobile/Console? Because as far as I know, they recently updated housings so that if you assigned a housing to a specific NPC, no other NPC will move into that housing until the 'owner' respawns.

Granted, won't stop NPCs from moving into houses you intend to be vacant, but that can be combated by just adding new houses for those.

This is intended for PC but I personally havent noticed that mechanic. I have noticed the golden rimmed banner that indicates that but whenever X npc dies Y respawns and takes his place.

Plus, even if it did work 100%, I still think we need an option for non npc houses. If anything for completely optional style points.

Honestly i would rather you have a separate house-lock feature than "whoever respawns first" on this manual assignment. Like click an icon and then click an npc to lock them on the house so they will always move there and no other npc. Bit more complicated but it would at least work in all scenarios whereas this only works if you have no other npcs waiting.

Back
Top Bottom