Official And Now for a Taste of Things to Come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that that's the point of this.
Indeed. If the point is to make you hyped for a look at a new game, just to have a couple microseconds of some backgrounds....................... then I guess it served its purpose. Though I feel a bit gyped honestly.... whatevs

I think they should keep it like minecraft no sequals just make like multiplayer game modes and mods more weapons and more bosses
[DOUBLEPOST=1416775356][/DOUBLEPOST]and a question if you buy terraria for ps3 can you download it on ps4

Honestly, I've read the opening post to this thread a bunch of times and have come up with my own conclusion. Clearly it's NOT Terraria 2 or even anything 1.3 related. And yet it showcases themes from Terraria throughout the video. (corruption and crimson). Also, it's NOT something they have mentioned in the past.

My question is, have they ever mentioned a Terraria Remake? My best guess is that this is a teaser video showing a possible Terraria Remake. Maybe a new engine or a combination of things.

By the way, this is my first post and I've been lurking for months as I've logged many hours into Terraria. Also, Sorry if someone already made a post implying something similar in this thread. (i skimmed through the 19 pages quickly)

Again, I'm not 100% positive. It can be anything at this point, either way, you can bet that it'll be awesome. :D

Why are so many people saying this is a new Terraria game? We already have the current Terraria (which will still be updated after 1.3) and a sequel which is coming in the distant future. Why would they tell us about a third Terraria when they haven't even started on the second one?

Again, the video was a nice way to add to a general text-only announcement.

It's not intended to be a "true trailer" or to give anyone really enough info to speculate accurately or - as noted - have a ton of "meat" to get hyped about. Teasers exist to arouse curiosity. Nothing more. One might also assume that there could be a build-up of info over time. ;)

All of the random baseless negativism is unfortunate, but to be expected I suppose. Time - and further details - will tell the final tale.... :)

Enjoying the more creative speculation though.

Why are so many people saying this is a new Terraria game? We already have the current Terraria (which will still be updated after 1.3) and a sequel which is coming in the distant future. Why would they tell us about a third Terraria when they haven't even started on the second one?

The Logo's presented in the beginning first appear clean and then with dramatic effect are "corrupted". They turn purple with veins etc. Then we are given quick flashes of both 2d and 3d images that give the impression of a 2d game world view but with 3d effects. Also, we are told that it isn't something they have mentioned in the past. Logically, I would assume that it's something related to Terraria because of those themes being teased.

Also, why would it be illogical to believe that they decided to remake Terraria? I mean, many developers in the past have done so with great success. It's actually a great way to welcome the next installment of a game by showcasing a new engine and/or effects through the original.

Again, i'm not 100% sure, it can easily be something entirely different.

The Logo's presented in the beginning first appear clean and then with dramatic effect are "corrupted". They turn purple with veins etc. Then we are given quick flashes of both 2d and 3d images that give the impression of a 2d game world view but with 3d effects. Also, we are told that it isn't something they have mentioned in the past. Logically, I would assume that it's something related to Terraria because of those themes being teased.

Also, why would it be illogical to believe that they decided to remake Terraria? I mean, many developers in the past have done so with great success. It's actually a great way to welcome the next installment of a game by showcasing a new engine and/or effects through the original.

Again, i'm not 100% sure, it can easily be something entirely different.
The only reason I'd say it's not a Terraria 'remake' is because that's what Terraria 2 is basically going to be from what I've heard about it. New mechanics and stuff.

The only reason I'd say it's not a Terraria 'remake' is because that's what Terraria 2 is basically going to be from what I've heard about it. New mechanics and stuff.
And I think it's that very reasoning in the end that makes the teaser video amazing. All we can do is speculate on the things we do know and the things we don't. Honestly, Terraria is incredible on many levels. Heck, in the opening post itself, we start to feel excited from just reading the lines "1.3". All of us are extremely excited for 1.3. (there's no doubt) So with that in mind, we start to watch a video that clearly references to something that is very familiar to us. Which, in the end, makes it both exciting and a "tease". I think it's brilliant. Whether I'm wrong or right, I have 100% faith that whatever it is, It's going to be awesome. :D

I don't see anything in this teaser that is reminiscent of Terraria, all I see is an announcement that Re-logic and Engine are making... something, and they don't want to tell us what it is

I belive it is a Terraria spin off. It is crazy that 10 seconds of words and pictures can bring SO MANY people together XD
[DOUBLEPOST=1416781206][/DOUBLEPOST]I hope the new spoilers for 1.3 or this Mysterious project come soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom