Xbox One Angler Fish Glitch

Grab That Bread

Terrarian
i loaded up terraria and hosted a world for multiplayer in case my friend wanted to join, and i went to the angler to get a new quest. it was for the hungerfish so i went into the caverns and caught the fish first try, but when i went back to the angler, it wouldn't accept the quest fish.
though, it's not a big deal, i could just wait until the next day, just thought i'd say something if it happens again.

i loaded up terraria and hosted a world for multiplayer in case my friend wanted to join, and i went to the angler to get a new quest. it was for the hungerfish so i went into the caverns and caught the fish first try, but when i went back to the angler, it wouldn't accept the quest fish.
though, it's not a big deal, i could just wait until the next day, just thought i'd say something if it happens again.
Hi there @Grab That Bread, what time did you try to give the Hungerfish to the Angler? If it was after 4:30am in the game, then the Angler had moved on to a new quest fish.

When he wanted the Hungerfish as a quest, he will only accept it up until 4:30am. At 4:30am the Angler will want a new quest fish.

i figured out the problem. it had to do with hosting a multiplayer world, doing a quest, then exiting, rejoining, then trying to do the quest again. i just redid the glitch. but thanks!

even if he does, this isnt a glitch/bug that can be fixed, it has something to do with the way the character saves, and loads. and while loading a world that isnt yours, your data isnt saved to a local world, where it needs to be, it is saved to your character, the moment you leave the multiplayer game your quest, buffs and many other things are reset back to their original value(except on your own world) example: quest=true/false, quest id = 2(fish id) leave game, re-enter and now your quest id =0 (no fish requested) this happens on alot of multiplayer games that rely on a host, and not remote servers. virtually unfix-able unless microsoft and sony create a way to temp save friend files. Bottom line, finish what you're doing, or restart it :)

Back
Top Bottom