Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only like the Mythril Mist.

• I only like Hardening.

• Total voters

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
I know, I know, this has been done many times before. But with most things, we all have different takes. So, here's mine.
So, there are six ore armors in hardmode. These are:
Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, and Titanium.
These six ores are given to the player in sets of three, and they all have cool, unique stat boosts and set bonuses.

...that's a lie.
Palladium, Orichalcum and Titanium are all given fun, cool, and some would say outright broken set bonuses. But the other three get basically zilch in comparison.
I'm here to right that wrong!
Palladium gives the player a stat boost that isn't related to a damage type, so Cobalt should do a similar thing.
Orichaclum gives the player crowd control options, so ditto for its counterpart.
Lastly, Titanium gives the player damage removing capabilities, so I'd got a similar idea for Adamantite.
Now, let's get to them.
Cobalt armor
Set bonus: Gives Cobolt buff for 4 seconds when you hit an enemy
Cobolt: Your movement speed is increased by 40%, and it allows dashes similar to the Tabi. The dash length will stack with a Tabi, Shield of Cthulhu, and other dashing items. However, the damage of the shield will not be kept.

Mythril armor
Set bonus: Hittin an enemy with the full set releasing a greenish mist. This mist travels for a block. The mist can spread out in any direction, but will stop once it reaches ten blocks from the player. The mist will stack till reaching the aforementioned limit. This mist lingers for 4 seconds, and deals about 16 damage.

Adamantite armor
Tooltip: "Kirishimaaaaaaa!"
...yes this is a bnha reference
Set bonus: Grants the Hardening buff.
Hardening: Every hit taken hardens the armor, increasing damage reduction by 5%, capping at 80%. It will cancel out any other damage reducing accessories.

I think I've done the old armors justice, what do you think?

Well it would certainly be more interesting than current bonuses, though damage reduction one shouldnt be able to go that far up, it would make adamantite armor best armor in game. However i wonder how many people actually craft armors others than adamantite and titanium, as all 3 grades are avaible at the same time, so for person to make those lower grades its eaither waste as he can craft higher grade almost immiedetly or if he choses not craft higher ones he is simply holding back on potential effectivness, So maybe in order to fix that they would have to be brought to the same level of effectivness and simply focus on different aspects? maybe even make so that all ores spawn and like each gives bonuses to specific classes mostly? like heavy melee armor from adamntatite, light ranger armor from cobalt, light set from mythrill boosting mobility and sliglty all damage (remember mythril mail from lotr?).

Back
Top Bottom