Console Any Console guides for building Gardens and getting Orange Bloodroot?

I suggest building around your base somewhere. You'll want to gather a lot of clay so that you can make clay pots for planting seeds in. Next you'll need to gather seeds. Each herb has it's own blooming conditions (herbs only drop seeds when harvested during bloom). For more detail on that I suggest reading through the wiki http://terraria.gamepedia.org/Herbs please note that on consoles you have to submerge waterleaf in water to get it to bloom. The change to bloom during rain has yet to be instigated on consoles.

A good way to farm dye materials is to build long platforms that are 3 blocks apart in the respective spawning areas and then set them up with actuators so that you can just flip a switch and have all the dye materials drop :)
Yellow Marigold and Blue Berries grow in grass on the surface.

Kelp grows underwater either in the underground snow biome or sometimes in the ocean.

Teal and Green Mushrooms grow on dirt in the Cavern layer (mostly stone, very little dirt)

Orange Bloodroots (super glitched, devs have found the source of the issue so it will likely get fixed in the Oct-Dec update) grow on dirt blocks in the Cavern layer. These hang down rather than growing on top, and due to their rarity I've been unable to test if the actuator farms actually work.

Sky Blue flowers grown on jungle grass in any level.

Pink Prickly Pears grow semi rarely on cacti in the desert (you can build an artificial dessert, though I recommend making a loooong strip rather than trying to do layers. I believe 3 blocks deep of sand should be enough grow cacti, could be less).

The others are dropped by small enemies so farming them would mean setting up an boss grinder in their respective biomes.

Red Husk - Cavern
Cyan Husk - Underground Snow
Violet Husk - Underground Jungle
Purple Mucos and Black Ink - Ocean

i frequent the Wiki quite a bit but the console version tends to be different.
I'd like to build a Alchemy Garden and one for Dyes
[DOUBLEPOST=1439274971,1439274921][/DOUBLEPOST]

how do you buy it??

Please let me know who I can hook up with on the xbox one to buy or obtain the blood root, if that is possible. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom