Any tips for frost moon wave 15+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecoolkni

Terrarian
Good day terrarians, may I ask you how to get to the wave 15+ of the frost moon? I can get up to 10,000 points in the final wave of the pumpkin moon with just some flat ground
and 3 layers of platforms about 40 blocks above. I tried this with the frost moon, but I die in the later waves, costing some valuable time. I am a melee build with full solar flare armor, a solar eruption, fishron wings, and 4 damage boosting accessories. (I do have a paladin's shield, but I didn't equip it due to making room for another damage accessory.) Any tips on surviving or a better arena? Thanks, in advance, if anyone responds.:p

I feel it's been made harder to reach wave 15 because at times I noticed an absence of enemies to kill. I had occasions where I could've been picking my nose. Pumpkin Moon feels much more... alive.
I couldn't get further than wave 14 and barely touched that wave before the night ended.

I wish they would throw more enemies at you from around wave 10 and on. :)

Apparently full solar gear + solar eruption + daybreak + terrarian aren't enough for getting past wave 15.

Frost Moon is tough because the queen spends so much time flying away from you and you can't take her down quickly... I would recommend using a ranged weapon (SDMG+chlorophyte bullets) and the ICHOR buff to cut her defense in half (not ichor bullets... use the weapon buff potion with the chlorophyte bullets). Have your arena set up to kill the rest of the minions quickly...

... also check to make sure there isn't some underground cave nearby that they can spawn in and just hang out... using the dragon helps with that immensely since it can go down there and kill even the ones you can't see... make sure your flat ground is covered in a layer of lava because that still works on most of them (for now), and fill your arena with all the traps you can find...

... one last thing... have some water candles set up and drink some battle potions to try and get the wave minions to spawn faster...

Good luck...

~Jim

... one last thing... have some water candles set up and drink some battle potions to try and get the wave minions to spawn faster...
If only that'd help. I used to do that until I learned that water candles and battle potions do diddly squat during the two moon events.
The rest of your advice, been there, done that. :p

Try making a long flat arena with no places underground that the enemies could spawn in. Absence of enemies to kill means you have places they can spawn right underground which prohibit other mobs from spawning unless you kill the ones in sight. You could fill in the gaps underground or build a long platform in the sky that just barely extends of your screen so the mobs can still spawn and come in sight for you to kill.

How would the Terrarian yoyo do against the ice queen? is it's DPS better then the solar eruption?
Best to try it out yourself. I know it does great in the Pumpkin Moon. I got 92 trophies from the Pumpkings once I hit Wave 15 during one night.

If you're willing to look outside of single player, get a couple of friends together and team up against the moon. More players means a faster body count.

Last time I did Frost Moon, I got to wave17 with the Tsunami + Venom arrows. So basically, with gear level with the moon event.

Irony being, on Expert Mode, I find the Frost Moon easier than the Pumpkin Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom