PC Any viewpoint zoom option feature planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrys

Terrarian
As 1.3 is coming very soon, can we see an option to zoom in the game just like in Starbound coming without having to go full screen in lower resolutions?
Currently playing the game at a high resolution (1920x1080) makes your sight of the world extremely huge but everything remains tiny.

Probably wrong place to ask that though, new to these forums. I prefer to lurk on these.
Thanks!

Why not just choose a smaller resolution at the same aspect ratio?

That would basically do the same thing you're asking, though it would ALSO increase the size of the UI (assuming Terraria does not scale UI to keep it same size through all resolutions; some games do some games don't).

For example, you are playing at 1920x1080. That's 1.777 ratio, AKA 16:9.

Try 1366x768.

Same aspect ratio, and it should "zoom in" nicely.

The only time a gamer should jack up the aspect ratio is when they want to decrease the size of the UI, or make the graphics look a bit more fine-tuned.

However, Terraria uses a 16-bit esque graphics style, and you can't really fine-tune it, so shrinking pixel size is only going to stuff more on the screen and make everything look tiny. If you zoom in, then you are basically undoing the higher resolution anyways (by making each object taking up more pixels) with the exception of UI elements.

Therefore, asking to play at high resolution, only to ask to zoom in, is kinda a waste of resources and kinda pointless (unless of course you have a TV or monitor that forces that resolution).

The thing is I want to play windowed, or borderless windowed. Reducing resolution while in these modes doesn't make it "zoom" in, just make the window smaller.

The thing is I want to play windowed, or borderless windowed. Reducing resolution while in these modes doesn't make it "zoom" in, just make the window smaller.

Unfortunately, there is no borderless window (I'm not sure why not; every other game these days has it lol. I sorely wished it did have it though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom