PS Vita Anyone know a good way to get a fire feather?

breadbin

Terrarian
i've been in hell now for ages and have killed about 40-50 red devils looking for a fire feather. They haven't dropped one. I think the drop rate is less than 1.33% because it was increased to that in 1.3 but we are still in 1.2. is there any way i can farm the red devils somehow?

Flatten out a large portion of the underworld so there are no places for mobs to get stuck. Place water candles, wait for a blood moon or solar eclipse, drink battle Potion and kill as fast as possible.

Yes, you can build a farm. Build a 4-tiles high, 168-tiles long tunnel and then build a minecart track in it. Dress the tunnel walls with player placed walls to prevent spawns inside the tunnel.
Make the surface above the tunnel 2-tiles thick. Place actuators along the surface and actuate it so that one layer is actuated while the other isn't and vice-versa. Toggle the state using a pressure plate track in the middle of the tunnel. This arrangement will allow items to fall through while keeping enemies outside.
Build a Super Dart Trap Battery that continously fires dart along the surface. For console you have to use an NPC Engine to power the traps.

To farm simply ride your Minecart back and forth in the tunnel. :)

BTW This is from one of @DicemanX 's ultimate worlds (not my design).

HellFarm.jpg HellFarmW.jpg (from PC)

HellFarmBatteryConsole.jpg HellFarmBatteryConsoleW.jpg (Console specific)

EDIT
Don't forget to add Water Candles and Lihzarhrd Bricks (160 or so to cover entire area) to maximize spawns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom