Art thread ___ posting and bumping

CanSteam

Terrarian
i have an art thread. yes. but i am very paranoid of getting spam points or something like that for (insert number here) posting and/or bumping my thread
can you give details on what WILL get you points while posting on your own art thread

If every time you post, you won't get any warning as long as you have some content. If you are adding in a single picture, add it in the OP, then post on your own thread with said picture. And don't worry too much about double posting on your own thread.

The rules for bumping are just
1. Must have sufficient content
2. A good amount of time has passed.

Condition one is a must-have, normally. Condition two can be done without content, but very sparingly. And "content" here just means something pertinent to the thread. You don't need a one thousand words post every single time you post.

And honestly speaking, every time you add an artwork, you are adding content, and it's not considered bumping per se.

Unless of course you're adding three sprites in one day through single posts. If there's more than two days apart, it's pretty safe to add more through posts.

I tend to wait a day or so when I have some content to add and I have the last post in my thread. At one point I got to post 5 consecutive posts, but I wasn't in trouble for it at all.

That said, it's possible the worst thing you'd get is a post merge.

The rules are pretty different for the art forum, for the artists themselves anyway. I tend to post multiple batches of images, sometimes enough images to force a double post. As long as your adding more content, and not posting "bump" or so forth, you'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom