Ask Bame anything

What's your favourite Terraria mod?

How did you get into Terraria balancing? (Or balancing in general)

Will you be making a content mod?

What's your favourite Terraria mod?

Mine of course

I haven't played too much with mods, thus far I've only done a full run of the Thorium Mod, so I guess that one wins by default here. I've only played a Fargo's run with a friend that we didn't get to finish, and Calamity Mod run that, by the time I had got to Post-ML made me realize that I really don't like the Calamity mod.

How did you get into Terraria balancing? (Or balancing in general)

> Be someone who likes balance discussion and balance changes in general
> Join TCF
> See suggestions that you like but aren't balanced at all
> Realize through those threads and some Terraria Discord chat with Leinfors that Terraria has a lot of unbalance in general
> Start :red:ing around in tModloader making some quick balance changes
> "actually, I could make this a mod"

Will you be making a content mod?

Once 1.4 tmodloader drops, I will.

Ok... Well....
how come your mod's thread is ded?

I suppose people just don't have much to say there.

If you could add any boss into the game, what would it be, when would it be fought in progression, and what would it drop?

If you could add any boss into the game, what would it be, when would it be fought in progression, and what would it drop?

Hardmode has a lot of bosses already, so definitely Pre-Hardmode. In-between Skeletron and Wall of Flesh, so that some of the Dungeon gear can shine a little before getting replaced by Hell stuff.

"what would it be?" well idk, something in the Ocean or Space I guess, since those biomes could use something new.

Ideal drops would be:
1- The only Pre-Hardmode pickaxe capable of mining Hellstone and Cobalt/Palladium (with reworks to the Evil Boss' and the Molten Pickaxe)
2- A sentry, a early explosive ranged weapon, and an accessory that'd reduce contact damage by 15-20% (particularly for Melee WoF)
3- Expert Drop would be an accessory that would "stun" enemies by rapidly firing 1 damage shots with very little knockback.

This boss would give more content to Summoner and Melee in phm, an early Rocket-Launcher style weapon, and a unique stunning item in expert. It'd also lock Hell to late Pre-Hardmode.

Chicken or cheese?

cheese

Why'd you change your name?
It doesn't feel as good as Jota Bame.

I wanted Bame to be the first name, and "Bame Jota" or "Bame J" is really weird. Thus far this is an experiment.

What do you think is the most overpowered weapon in Terraria 1.4, for me it would be the early hardmode dart guns.

What do you think is the most overpowered weapon in Terraria 1.4, for me it would be the early hardmode dart guns.

Well, there's Zenith and Terraprisma but that's kinda cheating.

Probably the new Magic Missiles since anything with homing and piercing is invariably overpowered. Other op stuff is Blade Staff, Sanguine Staff, the Darts as you said and Quad Barrel Shotgun.

Well, there's Zenith and Terraprisma but that's kinda cheating.

Probably the new Magic Missiles since anything with homing and piercing is invariably overpowered. Other op stuff is Blade Staff, Sanguine Staff, the Darts as you said and Quad Barrel Shotgun.
Well the Zenith is obviously extremely OP, but since there aren't really any challenges after the Moon Lord is defeated, it'd probably be better described as a 'trophy' item of sorts.

If you could remove one item from Terraria, what would it be, and would you put something else in it's place?

If you could remove one item from Terraria, what would it be, and would you put something else in it's place?

The Magic Dagger. It's not good, it's not interesting (literally a throwing knife that uses mana) and no one likes getting it from a Mimic over any of its other drops.

I wouldn't replace it, but rather, turn it into an accessory with an effect that i've already implemented in an update for my mod that i'm currently working on.

Back
Top Bottom