Biomes & Nature Asteroid Belts.

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
Spawning in high space, Asteroid Belts are fields of semicircular rocks you can walk on. They have Otherworldly Rock that can be mined for various purposes. Uniquely, Asteroids slowly move around in different directions, even you stand on them.

You can also uniquely walk all the way around them, as they generate their own fork of gravity. Leave the orbit by flying, mounts, high jumps, or using hooks.

Enemies exist on Asteroids, but aren't too common.

Carrier: They spawn in both corrupt and crimson worlds. Carriers simply resemble infected human astronauts with purple flies around their bodies in corrupt worlds, and an astronaut with a red aura and a red mouth creature on their heads in crimson worlds.

Carriers have different attack patterns based on world. Corrupt Carriers spawn homing flies that attack you, while Crimson Carriers shoot a bloody tongue from their helmet creature that pulls you closer to them.

Carriers have the ability to shoot a hook (colored like their theme) to fly to a different asteroid or even house.

Carriers have about 300 health, so they are minibosses. Carriers are a vague reference to Among Us lo
Drops pending

Tiny Brains / Plague Bacterium: Minor enemies that spawn based on world. Crimson has the brains, Corruption has the Bacteriums. Both bounce around kinda aimlessly. Tiny Brains try to attach themselves to you to deal various debuffs, and Plague Bacteriums multiply a lot.

Mini Saucers: Small martian saucers that shoot lasers. Spawn in Hardmode.

Comets: NPCs & Enemies - Comet: Space hazards.

Former Guide: Ancient forms of the guide, look like spectral forms of him. They teleport around a lot and are hard to hit. They zap you with an instant long laser beam that almost always hits you.

Tentacle: Rises from the ground at random and slaps you. Colored green.

Rogue Stars: Spinning Fallen Stars that fly at you and head through blocks. Colored dark blue. Deals 40 damage. They drop themselves, which are stronger ammunition for the Super Star Shooter and Star Cannon; they can fire five times and deal 1.5 times the damage of the regular stars you fire. 5 Rogue Stars also make Super Mana Crystals which enable a free extra two Stars when crafted with ten dropped stars.

Rogue Stars have 200 health. They spawn in Hardmode.

Meteor Heads: Same as regular ones. They spawn sometimes on Asteroids. A stronger variant exists called Meteor Colony that breaks up into five bits of Heads. Both drop Meteorite.

Absorber: Resemble Nebula themed slugs. They absorb projectiles and even devour minions. Absorbed projectiles from the Absorber shoot a bubble towards you that deals good damage.

Only true melee strikes can effectively kill the Absorber. They have only 70 health, but their attributes make them deadly.

Absorbers drop their young, which can be crafted into a staff to give the same attributes: Player summoned absorbers absorb projectiles and shoot their bubble projectiles at enemies.

They spawn in early Hardmode.

Herzanian: Solar Pillar themed thwomp like creatures: they are giant rocky structures with orange glowing auras. They simply rise above their region and drop down, releasing orange shockwaves to the sides.

Herzanians have about 600 health. They rarely drop the Mini Herzanian, which is a melee boomerang that deals a weaker solar damage and about 50 damage. They spawn after Golem.

Last edited:
This is awesome! One of the best suggestions I've seen. What if they could drop Hardmode ores, making them renewable? (I know that you can fish for them, but nobody likes doing that.) I feel like I could just wander around in this for no reason and it would be fun.

This is awesome! One of the best suggestions I've seen. What if they could drop Hardmode ores, making them renewable? (I know that you can fish for them, but nobody likes doing that.) I feel like I could just wander around in this for no reason and it would be fun.
Thanks! Hmmm..maybe they could drop them rarely.

What enemy type is your favorite?

Spawning in high space, Asteroid Belts are fields of semicircular rocks you can walk on. They have Otherworldly Rock that can be mined for various purposes. Uniquely, Asteroids slowly move around in different directions, even you stand on them.

You can also uniquely walk all the way around them, as they generate their own fork of gravity. Leave the orbit by flying, mounts, high jumps, or using hooks.

Enemies exist on Asteroids, but aren't too common.

Carrier: They spawn in both corrupt and crimson worlds. Carriers simply resemble infected human astronauts with purple flies around their bodies in corrupt worlds, and an astronaut with a red aura and a red mouth creature on their heads in crimson worlds.

Carriers have different attack patterns based on world. Corrupt Carriers spawn homing flies that attack you, while Crimson Carriers shoot a bloody tongue from their helmet creature that pulls you closer to them.

Carriers have the ability to shoot a hook (colored like their theme) to fly to a different asteroid or even house.

Carriers have about 300 health, so they are minibosses. Carriers are a vague reference to Among Us lo
Drops pending

Tiny Brains / Plague Bacterium: Minor enemies that spawn based on world. Crimson has the brains, Corruption has the Bacteriums. Both bounce around kinda aimlessly. Tiny Brains try to attach themselves to you to deal various debuffs, and Plague Bacteriums multiply a lot.

Mini Saucers: Small martian saucers that shoot lasers. Spawn in Hardmode.

Comets: NPCs & Enemies - Comet: Space hazards.

Former Guide: Ancient forms of the guide, look like spectral forms of him. They teleport around a lot and are hard to hit. They zap you with an instant long laser beam that almost always hits you.

Tentacle: Rises from the ground at random and slaps you. Colored green.

Rogue Stars: Spinning Fallen Stars that fly at you and head through blocks. Colored dark blue. Deals 40 damage. They drop themselves, which are stronger ammunition for the Super Star Shooter and Star Cannon; they can fire five times and deal 1.5 times the damage of the regular stars you fire. 5 Rogue Stars also make Super Mana Crystals which enable a free extra two Stars when crafted with ten dropped stars.

Rogue Stars have 200 health. They spawn in Hardmode.

Meteor Heads: Same as regular ones. They spawn sometimes on Asteroids. A stronger variant exists called Meteor Colony that breaks up into five bits of Heads. Both drop Meteorite.

Absorber: Resemble Nebula themed slugs. They absorb projectiles and even devour minions. Absorbed projectiles from the Absorber shoot a bubble towards you that deals good damage.

Only true melee strikes can effectively kill the Absorber. They have only 70 health, but their attributes make them deadly.

Absorbers drop their young, which can be crafted into a staff to give the same attributes: Player summoned absorbers absorb projectiles and shoot their bubble projectiles at enemies.

They spawn in early Hardmode.

Herzanian: Solar Pillar themed thwomp like creatures: they are giant rocky structures with orange glowing auras. They simply rise above their region and drop down, releasing orange shockwaves to the sides.

Herzanians have about 600 health. They rarely drop the Mini Herzanian, which is a melee boomerang that deals a weaker solar damage and about 50 damage. They spawn after Golem.
I support this

The Absorber, Former Guide, and Tentacle do not sound fun to deal with, and that's not a good thing. Nigh unavoidable damage is always bad. Forgive me for getting harsh, but the Absorber in particular is terrible. Three of four classes almost can't fight it at all, and the fourth only has a couple of its weapons to choose from. For the most part, it's an enemy that you cannot deal with.

The whole biome just seems kind of pointless, too. Why should we go there? What advantages does it serve? What is it's place in the game? What progression does it offer?

The Absorber, Former Guide, and Tentacle do not sound fun to deal with, and that's not a good thing. Nigh unavoidable damage is always bad. Forgive me for getting harsh, but the Absorber in particular is terrible. Three of four classes almost can't fight it at all, and the fourth only has a couple of its weapons to choose from. For the most part, it's an enemy that you cannot deal with.

The whole biome just seems kind of pointless, too. Why should we go there? What advantages does it serve? What is it's place in the game? What progression does it offer?
I guess you're right.

I do consider it an optional challenge, since the enemies there are typically harder to face. You could get good gear there, though. But that would take time to devise.

Consider these asteroid belts really hard to reach, like at the very top of the world

Former Guide (renamed Astral Projections) could simply teleport around the rocks, and leave magic explosions (styled like implosions) as he does. It still looks like the same enemy.

Tentacles could warn you with a purple glow where they strike.

And I guess the Absorber could still recieve damage from absorbed projectiles (and have to take in a certain amount to release), and the minion devouring could be removed.

The first two will only spawn in Hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom