Biomes & Nature Asteroids (new late game mini-biome)

Wyvernil

Terrarian
The space layer is kind of empty at the moment, aside from the odd floating island that reaches that high. Here's a proposal to help change that.

After you defeat the Golem, there's a chance that asteroids will start appearing in the space layer of the sky. Asteroids spawn in empty space a certain distance away from existing blocks, so they won't spawn in the middle of floating islands or player sky bases. When an asteroid spawns, the message "A shooting star races across the sky!" appears.

Asteroids are balls of rock slightly smaller than the Meteorite biome. They have an outer layer of Moonstone (which can be crafted into Meteorite by an Adamantite/Titanium forge), and an inner core of Luminite. Finally, a source of Luminite that doesn't involve going through all the pillars and Moon Lord again.

There is a caveat, though. Luminite ore will change so that it's even stronger than the Lihzard Blocks in the temple, and now requires one of the Celestial-tier picks to mine. So you still have to beat the Moon Lord at least once in order to craft a pick to mine more Luminite from asteroids. (Perhaps, as an alternative, the asteroids start spawning after Moon Lord is defeated instead)

A new enemy will spawn in the presence of asteroids: Comet Heads, a Hardmode version of the Meteor Heads from the meteorite biome. Comet Heads are stronger and faster than Meteor Heads, and inflict Frostburn on contact.

So, any thoughts or suggestions for this idea? What do you think?

I really, really like this idea. A nice way to get Luminite, and a bit more expansion to space. I think the Comet Heads should have some sort of drop though, maybe a vanity pet? Also would be cool if a Martian Mining Probe could spawn in Asteroid biomes too, as if the martians are trying to harvest Luminite as well.

and the moon lord when killed spawns 3, 6, or 9 comet shards that is in space (endgame hardmode version of the crimson heart or the corrupt orb) that If u break 3 of them a comet spawns and yes a comet HEAD

ANd what, the comet attacks you?

Dude, put some thought into these. They spawn after golem is defeated, but you cant mine without Celestial-Tier pickaxes.

Yes, and we're all going to know to fly into space and break shards of the moon.

They didnt tell us about the shadow orbs appearing, you just ended up spelunking one day in the corruption and found it.

You dont Spacelunk! (Im on fire!) Its pointless, as NOTHINGS UP THERE.

Yes, and we're all going to know to fly into space and break shards of the moon.

They didnt tell us about the shadow orbs appearing, you just ended up spelunking one day in the corruption and found it.

You dont Spacelunk! (Im on fire!) Its pointless, as NOTHINGS UP THERE.

There should be :p Right now it's just wasted "space" ;)

Exactly. What this kid wants is Shadow Orbs/Crimson Heart knockoffs in space that spawn these.
Nobody would go up there. I only went up there because theres a lot of "Space" (We're boss at puns bro) to make a Boss Arena to fight The Twins, Skelly Prime, EoC, and if I go fast enough with a cell phone and rope, Moon Lord.

Exactly. What this kid wants is Shadow Orbs/Crimson Heart knockoffs in space that spawn these.
Nobody would go up there. I only went up there because theres a lot of "Space" (We're boss at puns bro) to make a Boss Arena to fight The Twins, Skelly Prime, EoC, and if I go fast enough with a cell phone and rope, Moon Lord.

Yeah, I'd rather the whole Asteroids and maybe Martian Motherships as a rarespawn? (like pyramids maybe?)

Back
Top Bottom