Sprites Awakening Pillars

KM132

Spazmatism
TdtC81X.png
Awakening Pillars
qAbHqTf.png

(not related to the lunar pillars)

Everyone loves fighting bosses, right? But the unique item, place, and location requirements for re-fighting a boss make it so battling a boss "for fun" isn't so fun. Awakening Pillars would be a way to make casual boss battles easier to start, as well as making adventure map boss battles more possible!​

Crafting Recipe

Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar x 8
Eye_of_Cthulhu_Trophy.png
Any Boss Trophy x 1
Crafted at an
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator

Result:
8Huwo8u.png

A shiny new Awakening Pillar of the corresponding boss!

But what do they do??

Awakening Pillars would be very simple in function; place them on the ground, and then right click them, and they will activate, instantly summoning a boss of their respective type by the nearest player. They could also be activated via wires, making them handy for adventure maps.
The boss that the pillar summons would have a few differences than the regular one, but not by a lot.
  • The summoned boss wouldn't drop any loot. At all. If you want loot, you'd have to fight the boss normally.
  • The summoned boss would not be affected by time or location. Fight the Eye of Cthulhu during the day, or Plantera outside of the Underground Jungle. The possibilities are endless!
Only one of each boss can be in the world; if there is a boss present, activating subsequent statues of the same type will fail.
If the player manages to beat the summoned boss, the Awakening Pillar would deactivate and emit a wire signal from its bottom-right corner.
If all players die, the boss would leave, deactivating the pillar and causing it to emit a wire signal from the bottom-left instead.

Types

YxDUMIb.png

(not pictured: event bosses)

Other notes

The only two bosses without an Awakening Pillar would be the Moon Lord and the Wall of Flesh.

Also, it would be possible to simultaneously activate one pillar for each boss, allowing you to battle all bosses at the same time without having to wait for the stars to align.

Last edited:
Bah, I'd thought of an idea very similar to this awhile ago, but haven't gotten around to spring and writing it. Eh, I might post it anyways, it's probably different enough. In any case, it's a very good idea and does a much better job for adventure maps than what I thought of.

I have small suggestion though. I don't think that any bosses summoned by these should drop any items. Two reasons for this. Firstly, if one of the intentions for this is for adventure maps, then this would be extremely helpful because you wouldn't need anything written in not to use the items dropped from bosses. Secondly, this would be a bit too powerful for farming purposes, even though they are post Moon Lord items.

All in all, very good suggestion and sprites.

Very cool! Although on the "fight anywhere, anytime" part I think there should be a way to make it so those conditions persist, because such mechanics could help in some adventure map situations(time limits)

Bah, I'd thought of an idea very similar to this awhile ago, but haven't gotten around to spring and writing it. Eh, I might post it anyways, it's probably different enough. In any case, it's a very good idea and does a much better job for adventure maps than what I thought of.

Thanks! :)

Very cool! Although on the "fight anywhere, anytime" part I think there should be a way to make it so those conditions persist, because such mechanics could help in some adventure map situations(time limits)

I was debating on whether or not to add the "any time" feature, but I decided to keep it because there's no real way to control time in an adventure map. What happens if the player gets to an Eye of Cthulhu boss fight when it's 7:00 AM? Or worse, they arrive at a Skeletron boss fight at 4:29 AM? This wouldn't be a problem if there was a way to control time, but that's another suggestion for another thread. But regardless, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks! :)

I was debating on whether or not to add the "any time" feature, but I decided to keep it because there's no real way to control time in an adventure map. What happens if the player gets to an Eye of Cthulhu boss fight when it's 7:00 AM? Or worse, they arrive at a Skeletron boss fight at 4:29 AM? This wouldn't be a problem if there was a way to control time, but that's another suggestion for another thread. But regardless, thanks for the feedback!
With the time control issue I think that something useful for adventure maps would be fully functional map utilities like time manipulation blocks, but they are completely unobtainable in normal gameplay and are intended to be used with editors. Main issue with that is people(like me) without TEdit. ;(

Support intensifies
I played a map called 'a crim fate' and maker , if you listen to this , even if you die to the brain of cthulhu , you will still win the map

Last edited:
The wire signal should be emitted from the entire statue, regardless of a success or loss. Otherwise, excellent!

The wire signal should be emitted from the entire statue, regardless of a success or loss.
The separation of the signals is a semi-vital part to using this in adventure maps. It allows the map to know whether or not the boss has been defeated. The map can then decide whether or not it should allow you to progress. This feature, the separation of signals, is what really makes this better than just having a chest full of summing items.

TdtC81X.png
Awakening Pillars
qAbHqTf.png

(not related to the lunar pillars)

Everyone loves fighting bosses right? But, gathering materials to summon them, and waiting for the time and place to spawn them, not so much. Awakening Pillars would be a way to make repeat battles easier to start, as well as making adventure map boss battles more automated!​

Crafting Recipe

Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar x 8
Eye_of_Cthulhu_Trophy.png
Any Trophy x 1
Crafted at an
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator

Result:
8Huwo8u.png

A shiny new Awakening Pillar of the corresponding boss!

But what do they do??

Awakening Pillars would be very simple in function; place them on the ground, and then right click them, and they will activate, instantly summoning a boss of their respective type by the nearest player. They could also be activated via wires, making them handy for adventure maps.
The boss that the pillar summons would have a few differences than the regular one, but not by a lot.
  • The summoned boss wouldn't drop any loot. At all. If you want loot, you'd have to fight the boss normally.
  • The summoned boss would not be affected by time or location. Fight the Eye of Cthulhu during the day, or Plantera outside of the Underground Jungle. The possibilities are endless!
Only one of each boss can be in the world; if there is a boss present, activating subsequent statues of the same type will fail.
If the player manages to beat the summoned boss, the Awakening Pillar would deactivate and emit a wire signal from its bottom-right corner.
If all players die, the boss would leave, deactivating the pillar and causing it to emit a wire signal from the bottom-left instead.

Types

YxDUMIb.png

(not pictured: event bosses)

Other notes

The only two bosses without an Awakening Pillar would be the Moon Lord and the Wall of Flesh. Everything else is fair game.

Also, you could simultaneously activate one pillar for each boss, so you could finally battle every boss without waiting for the stars to align.

Somewhere, a map creator shed a tear of joy and praised this wonderful idea

But what if an adventure map creator wanted the player to fight enraged Plantera/Duke Fishron?
Don't really know who in the world would want to torture their map players. Those things are strong enough on their own, and I don't think map creators would gladly hand out OP weapons for everyone.

Don't really know who in the world would want to torture their map players. Those things are strong enough on their own, and I don't think map creators would gladly hand out OP weapons for everyone.
Maybe for a "kaizo" style map? Also, what if a player was looking for an extra challenge?

Well, I don't know, summon the boss and get out of the place they're intended to fight at?
Sorry, I didn't word it right. I meant if a player wanted to kill enraged Plantera/Duke fishron without having to find Plantera's bulb/catch a truffle worm every attempt. But I guess that's also true before they've beaten either of them and/or wanted to fight them in their normal forms. So never mind, I now fully support this suggestion! :happy:

SPAM WARNING: Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

You're a genius. What happens if you click it by accident? Can you toggle it back off with another click?

SPAM WARNING: Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

You're a genius. What happens if you click it by accident? Can you toggle it back off with another click?
Well you'd have beaten the Moon Lord if you made one of these. So I don't think most bosses should be that much trouble.

Back
Top Bottom