PC Back from being gone!

Destim

Terrarian
Hello fellow terrarians,

I finnaly made my way back to terraria and i'm loving it!
My first version of terraria i played was on the ps3, played for like 2 months or so.. but then i stopped playing it for a year.
Since then i bought a pc and i'm finnaly able to run it on a pc and it just feels different, but better ^^
In my world i'm about to hit hardmode and trying to prepare for it.. i will isolate the corruption but i'm more worried about the random corruption blocks these demon altars with spread once u break them..How many should i break?? and how am i suposed to contain my world once the corruption goes on a rampage in my world? i really want to keep my world controlled xD

That was a little bit off-topic but i gues that's also an introduction :D

Welcome! It depends on how long you want to search for the hardmode ores. (Three broken demon altars have been enough to me.) Each altar has a chance of 2/3 to turn a random block so averagely speaking you'll get 2 corruption/hallow/crimson spawns if you break three of them. This is also the minimum amount if you wish to mine every tier of ores. Still, it is possible to get those ores from fishing crates. Wait for the hardmode to begin and then open them. You may get hardmode ores before breaking any demon altar.

My strategy against the corruption is just to isolate it. At the begining it will spread fast but after you have killed Plantera the spread becomes slower. My advice would be to get at least the second tier of armor and then keep an eye on the spread of corruption. If it comes too close to your liking, you can start to isolate the wanted areas.

I hope everything goes well. ^^

Welcome! It depends on how long you want to search for the hardmode ores. (Three broken demon altars have been enough to me.) Each altar has a chance of 2/3 to turn a random block so averagely speaking you'll get 2 corruption/hallow/crimson spawns if you break three of them. This is also the minimum amount if you wish to mine every tier of ores. Still, it is possible to get those ores from fishing crates. Wait for the hardmode to begin and then open them. You may get hardmode ores before breaking any demon altar.

My strategy against the corruption is just to isolate it. At the begining it will spread fast but after you have killed Plantera the spread becomes slower. My advice would be to get at least the second tier of armor and then keep an eye on the spread of corruption. If it comes too close to your liking, you can start to isolate the wanted areas.

I hope everything goes well. ^^

Thank you very much ^^, yeah before hardmode i tend to isolate the corruption with a 5 wide tunnel around it, but now somehow my world seems to have generated 3 corruption biomes -_-
O well I'm up for a challenge :)

Thank you very much ^^, yeah before hardmode i tend to isolate the corruption with a 5 wide tunnel around it, but now somehow my world seems to have generated 3 corruption biomes -_-
O well I'm up for a challenge :)

:dryadeek: It appears that troubled times are upon you, my friend. :dryadmad: But don't worry, you shall cleanse the world of this corruption. :dryadnaughty:

I will do everything i can ! xD having tons of fun can't believe it... getting killed by goblin armies on mediumcore character.. (died 30 times) maybe?? while being helpless xD rage and fun ftw!

Back
Top Bottom