Weapons & Equip Backstabbing Shank

Wafflebear

Terrarian
My name is Inigo Montoya, you didn’t drop the Rod of Discord, prepare to die.

The Backstabbing Shank is a dagger meele weapon in early mode. This weapon is purchased from the travelling merchant for 1 gold or it can be dropped by zombies. The shank does extra damage when you attack something from the back or when it doesn’t attack/see you. Just a simple little thing that can do a lot of damage early on.

-Wafflebear

How about the Back Stabbing Shank turns you invisable so them you can to more damage , after stabbing wait a few seconds and turn back invisible

You wouldn't even need a hitbox, just compare the player's direction to the npc's direction. It would literally take one line of code to implement.
That method seems like it would be very exploitable, don't you think?
This doesn't really seem worth it (since damage isn't really specified). Hitting an enemy at the back is nearly impossible, and if you do pull it off, it will only deal around crit damage.
This simply doesn't work.

You wouldn't even need a hitbox, just compare the player's direction to the npc's direction. It would literally take one line of code to implement.
Lots of enemies don't even have "directions". The ones that do are nearly always facing towards the player, and certainly are once the player comes within attacking range.

Lots of enemies don't even have "directions". The ones that do are nearly always facing towards the player, and certainly are once the player comes within attacking range.
All enemies have directions, so it would work universally.

I do agree that in practice, you won't get much use out of it as most enemies are consistently facing you, but it is far from difficult to implement. I would even go as far to call it trivial.

Jesus, didn’t think one idea that I would put out there would start so much, sorry for the idea, it is kind of stupid, I just had to put it out there for others input.

Back
Top Bottom