Game Mechanics Balanced crinson

Ichor is really useful in general, it’s superior to cursed flames on single target if you’re hitting at least 3 times per second - which I sure as hell hope you are, most good weapons have a use time quite a bit below 20 and you should have minions on your build as well.

Golden Shower is only useful for mages because melee and summoner have Ichor Flasks and ranged have Ichor Bullets and Arrows, which are all easier ways to inflict it.
I sometimes use it when I'm using crystal bullets. Also if you use a different flask to imbue a weapon you're still free to use the shower as well to benefit from both.

What annoys me is that if a boss is harder, then the stuff has to be better, and mage early in the game doesn't, it's just bad balance.

those things you just listed are only for certain consoles you know
and you listed viscous goldfish which is an event enemy. I am talking about normally. Which is only 5 enemies
What do you mean "certain consoles"? Most of the enemies I listed exist on all platforms, except for the Tainted Ghoul and the Crimson Mimic, which both don't exist on 3DS and old-gen consoles (because they haven't been updated to 1.3) but exist on all other platforms. Also, about the Vicious Goldfish, the wiki says this:
If you still don't believe me, make a list yourself. And if you were talking about Pre-Hardmode, than yes you are right, but the Corruption has 2 in Pre-Hardmode.

I feels like in experience, crimson really only have 5-6 enemies, and the rest is either really rare, or defenseless. Such as vicious goldfish, blood jelly, crimson axe, or the ones people don't usually go to, such as pigrons, tainted ghoul, and blood feeder.

I would guess this is why @TerrariaFan567 said so.

I don’t find the Crimson Rod better than the Vilethorn, tbh. The Vilethorn is a lingering hitbox which allows it to stunlock and damage enemies more efficiently than the Crimson Rod, and because of its linear travel it can kill many enemies at once in invasions while the Crimson Rod only damages what’s just beneath it.

That said there’s nothing wrong with Vilethorn being better. As I’ve expressed earlier, it’s not a big deal if one biome has better items in a certain point to keep them from being paralell, and in my opinion, Corruption and Crimson are roughly equal over the course of the game anyway.

And it’s really not that hard to kill the Brain as a mage. You can use the Amber Staff or an equivalent in the first phase because you really don’t need pierce as desperately as you would for the Worm, and in the second phase the Thunder Zapper or even a gem staff is fast enough to stunlock the brain.

I feels like in experience, crimson really only have 5-6 enemies, and the rest is either really rare, or defenseless. Such as vicious goldfish, blood jelly, crimson axe, or the ones people don't usually go to, such as pigrons, tainted ghoul, and blood feeder.

Counting actual prominent enemies that don’t require other biomes or aren’t a complete joke (fishes):

Corruption:
Eater of Souls
Devourer
Corruptor
World Feeder
Clinger
Slimer
Corrupt Slime
Corrupt Hammer
Corrupt Mimic

Crimson:
Chimera
Face Monster
Blood Feeder
Herpling
Crimslime
Floaty Gross
Ichor Sticker
Crimson Axe
Crimson Mimic

You can add in all the useless fish from the Crimson or any mixed biome enemies, but honestly the Corruption and Crimson don’t have that big a difference in enemies that you will actually deal with.

Anyway, what does it matter how many enemies each biome has? It says nothing about the balance of the biomes and their items. Maybe Herplings and Ichor Stickers are harder than Corruptors and Clingers, but that has nothing to do with the number of unique enemies.

I don't care about the light pets, shine potions are dirt cheap to make, never fall behind and emit more light than them.

As for vilethorn vs. crimson rod, they both have their uses and both are useful for their respective fights. Vilethorn is probably better overall for a magic character, but I honestly think the bigger issue here is how few early game magic weapons there are, you got the wand of sparking, gem staves and whatever you find in the orb/heart.

The stuff brain of cthulu drops is definately better than what eater of worlds drops, shadow armor is about as useful as cobalt while crimson armor is arguably the best survival armor for pre hardmode. All the crimtane weapons are statisticly better than thier corruption counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom