Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Bamboo fences block trees from growing. Guessing this is a mistake.

Fences in general block tree growth, as they technically count as wells. Unless its inconsistent with the other fences, this is not a mistake.

...I can't be the ONLY person to make tree farms, with fences... Right....?

Fences typically don't, I've used fences to wall off tree farms for a long time.

It appears to be an issue with both of the new fences actually, I just tested them all. All fences still block palm tree growth, only Wrought Iron and Bamboo fence block other tree growth. I added a screenshot, the two ungrown Mahogany trees are backed with bamboo (left most) and wrought iron (rightmost).

The third ungrown regular tree has lead fence backing, and did eventually grow. I didn't notice it hadn't grown yet until just now, added those after the others so they had less time to grow ><

Attachments

• Capture_2020-06-03_17_13_36.png
    Capture_2020-06-03_17_13_36.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 151
Fences in general block tree growth, as they technically count as wells. Unless its inconsistent with the other fences, this is not a mistake.
My gem tree farm uses wood fences to allow tree growth but prevent monster spawns.
qaQNjuY.png

Per the wiki on trees, specifically growing conditions:
Most saplings will grow indoors as long as there is either fence or no wall immediately behind the sapling; unlike other saplings, Palm trees will not grow if there is fence behind the sapling. All other walls are ignored.

Also, the wiki on fences says:
Desktop 1.2.4.1: Fixed bug where trees won't grow behind biome Wooden Fences.

Back
Top Bottom