Other Bane Modifier

dO yOu LiKe My SuGgEsTiOn?

• No I do not want a sprite cranberry or your suggestion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Victor

Skeletron Prime
So, I was playing on a crimson world yesterday. I just beat The Eye of Cthulhu, so I went to my anvil and crafted the Light's Bane.

An idea popped into my head.

What if there were modifiers called "Bane Modifiers" which did extra damage to a certain entity.

For an example, Let's say you just crafted the almighty Terra Blade. The name of the it is "Undead Terra Blade" which does an additional 30% damage (Thanks, @Baconfry) to undead creatures respectively.

same for other mobs/bosses.

Idk whether or not this is a good idea, but I decided to jot it down.

P.S I don't really care about modifiers too much so these statistics could be terribly wrong.

Last edited:
This sounds extremely situational, which is not something you want on modifiers considering that they can affect basically every weapon in the game.

If you want a specific counter to a certain type of enemy, I think it would be better to create new weapons for that purpose, and to do so in more creative ways than simply adding bonus damage. For example, the Possessed Hatchet is the anti-Crawltipede, the Wasp Gun is the anti-Tesla Turret, the Butcher’s Chainsaw is the anti-Deadly Sphere, etc. I’m not going to want an enemy-specific modifier on a weapon i use a lot if it does literally nothing 90% of the time.

Also, I’m unlikely to notice any bonus damage value less than 20-30%.

This sounds extremely situational, which is not something you want on modifiers considering that they can affect basically every weapon in the game.

If you want a specific counter to a certain type of enemy, I think it would be better to create new weapons for that purpose, and to do so in more creative ways than simply adding bonus damage. For example, the Possessed Hatchet is the anti-Crawltipede, the Wasp Gun is the anti-Tesla Turret, the Butcher’s Chainsaw is the anti-Deadly Sphere, etc. I’m not going to want an enemy-specific modifier on a weapon i use a lot if it does literally nothing 90% of the time.

Also, I’m unlikely to notice any bonus damage value less than 20-30%.
I actually thought about that, but decided that modifiers would be a better idea.

Besides if you don't like Bane Modifiers, you can reforge it.

Back
Top Bottom