Game Mechanics Beehives everywhere!

Snickerbobble

The Painter
So.. beehives. I really do love the idea of them, but.. they're EVERYWHERE! ;(

I'd go for a half spawn rate, or even a fourth. Usually there seems to be 4 or 5 on screen at all times. They're more fair in pre-hardmode, where you can more easily aim your attacks to not break them, but in hardmode we acquire crazier projectile weapons which almost guarantees to drop them, and with bees so small and hard to detect when not expecting a hive to fall, you're just constantly being pelt around for 1 damage. A lower spawn rate would help tremendously, even if it meant bumping the damage up some. I don't wanna be a pin cushion anymore!
D3g8WBS.png

And how about a way to obtain them, maybe they should have a chance to drop as an item, or crafted out of hive block? So we can place them around for decoration or traps. Wire signals should be able to drop them too, of course.

I ask this as no other trap spawns at this rate, and forever ongoing. Please, save the bees, and reduce the spawn rate!
KUprTga.png

It took me a while to understand that you were talking about these beehives and not the biome.

Either way, you have my support.

In addition, here's a small idea regarding their obtainability; they could be crafted with 6 Hive blocks on a Tinkerer's Workshop (they are consumable traps in a boulder-like fashion, so I thought it'd be appropriate to be crafted at the same crafting station).

Back
Top Bottom